Brussels Airlines A330-200

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

Travelled from JFK to Brussels on September 3rd in Business class and were seated in 4A and 4C.

We boarded the plane and were greeted by a lovely female member if crew who took our glasses and offered us a Kir Royale before takeoff. I noticed that on this run we were only offered the one, rather than refills. The flight took off from JfK on time after a long taxi.

20 minutes after the seat belt light was switched off, we were offered a drink which was served with a bowl of olves. Probably a figment of my imagination but the drink service didn't seem as generous on this flight and the meal service seemed to have been downgraded – for example there was no Star Chef selection on this flight. The monthly cocktail also has been downgraded to a monthly beer. Menu cards were distributed and an amenity kit with not much in handed out – usefully though it doubles as an IPad holder which is a nice touch.

Twenty minutes later the meal service began. Starters were a choice of Smoked breast of duck or Green tea dusted seaweed wrapped scallop. I had the scallop which was terrific. Mains were a choice of Sesame Crusted Beef with butternut squash purée or Herb crusted seared salmon with a tomato courgette gratin or Blue Cheese Gnocchi with sautéed spinach. I had the beef, which could have been hotter to be honest, but was still excellent. Worth mentioning is my partners Lacto Vegetarian meal which was an outstanding cheese ravioli. I chose an excellent 2012 South African Chenin Blanc which was recommended by the purser and was a great choice. This was followed by a cheese plate. The meal service took about an hour of the 6 and a half hour night flight.

After dinner I stretched out in the large lie flat bed and settled back to watch a movie as I thought it was pointless to try and get loads of sleep. Crew came round a couple of times with water. The seat is very comfortable and the massage function nice. There was also a better selection of films on this flight that were more up to date than my previous flight. I watched Maleficent then dozed for an hour – it's great having the big screen in the seat as well.

An hour before landing we were served a continental breakfast of fruit, yoghurt and warm bread, with fruit juice and coffee before landing in Brussels around 20 minutes early.

The crew were lovely on this flight, led by a male purser they were warm friendly professional and respectful which I liked. I noticed that the box of chocolates given on the outward flight was replaced by a much smaller packet of Almond Thins.

The service offered by Brussels Airlines, for the price, is brilliant. It takes you back to days when airline actually cared about their customers which I found refreshing and enjoyable. The sting in the tale came when we arrived back at Heathrow and found that someone had very nicely helped themselves to a bottle of grey goose and other bits and pieces from the bag which took the shine off things – I've raised it with the airlines customer relations department – it will be interesting to see if they are effective as their on board colleagues

Review courtesy of Seatplans.com. Original review by user 187275 can be found here

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls