Brown’s Hotel – London Rocco Forte

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Anonymous

HKGdirector
    Participant

I am just blown away by the excellence of Rocco Forte’s luxury collection. A stay at Le Richemond in Geneva last November was fabulous and we plan to return just to stay there again. Having donated GBP 380 many months ago for a weekend at Brown’s in LON thru the BT Charity Auction I am dismayed not to receive the voucher or even a response from Business Traveller ?

VintageKrug
    Participant

I have had tea at Brown’s when it re-opened.
    Though the sandwiches were delicious, the service was well meaning but slow and in some cases inaccurate orders were taken. It is not hard to get Afternoon Tea right.
    I put this down to it being (then) a new property and booked a weekend at the Amigo in Brussels.

It was very expensive, but I don’t mind paying for quality.

Sadly the check in staff were curt, the room was sizeable but past its best and shabby in places and the service in the bar was so shockingly slow they comped my supper.

I had a similarly shabby interior and slow service in his Edinburgh property.

It’s just not good enough at that price point; I am sure others have had good experiences there but that has not been mine.

Much as I would like to check out his new property in Sicily I am reluctant to part with any more cash.

Bravo on your donation, and let’s hope BT step up and ensure you get your voucher!

Business Traveller replies:

Dear HKGdirector,

Thank you for your forum posts. We have just sent you an email regarding the resolution of this query. Should you fail to receive this email, please contact our events manager directly at <a href="mailto:[email protected]“>[email protected], and she will be happy to resolve your query.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

viking01
    Participant

How much did you give again?

GoonerLondon
    Participant

I have to say I have always found RF hotels to be outstanding. My first experience was in Edinburgh shortly after it opened, where a member of staff noticed a button was coming off my jacket and offered to sew it back on there and then! Since then I have always tried to choose their hotels – my favorite being the Hotel de Rome in Berlin.

Service is one thing they always seem to get spot on – never pretentious, but natural and, above all, kind.

excessbaggage
    Participant

Hotel de Rome is a good hotel (and in a great location), but nothing beats Villa Kennedy in Frankfurt – one of my favourite hotels in the world – shame about the city.

macaulay
    Participant

Hotel de Rome had an appalling opening.
    I was there.Staff were a mess , except for the concierge.
    My bill had to be rewritten…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls