British Airways website ‘We’re sorry for the wait’

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

• Tom Otley
    Keymaster

I know it’s half term, but the website is almost unusable this evening

Were-sorry-for-the-wait

DiamondDad68
    Participant

It is the slowest and clunkiest of all the airline websites I use. Ryanair, Easy Jet & Aer Lingus are all faster and easier to navigate.

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

Surely given the numerous crashes of BA´s IT systems over the years, Sean Doyle should be all over this.Maybe he is but I haven´t seen anything specific on this subject

2 users thanked author for this post.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

It’s a nightmare.

Last night the website was timing out so you couldn’t book flights.

It doesn’t show business class on short haul flights, then it does.

My future bookings don’t show up in my Executive Club profile, yet they do show up on the app.

Points and Avios earned with partner airlines don’t appear at all.

I’m warned it’s busy at the airport and so I should use the Verifly app to check my documents and check-in online, thus being able to ‘take advantage of the Verifly queue at Heathrow’.

But Verifly won’t accept my documents, and so I can’t check-in, so will join the queue at the airport.

And you can’t get through on the phone to sort any of it out.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Montysaurus
    Participant

Try using Iberia website! It’s worse even when working normally.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

On the up side…. although I still can’t view any of my bookings to my profile on the BAEC, I have learned that if you want to get through to the airline on the phone, the best thing is to ring the general number rather than the BAEC silver or gold numbers…. you wait, but I’ve got through in less than 20 minutes each time.
    If it’s a complicated rebooking with avios question, then they won’t be able to help, but simpler issues they are fine with…

ASK1945
    Participant

Sorry folks – I have yet another whinge to make about the BA website.

My wife and I are flying to Spain tomorrow morning. A couple of days ago I received a message that we need to send our Covid Vaccination certificates and our Spanish Health certificates into BA, using an online form, before we would be able to checkin today.

I duly tried to do this – filled in all the details (separately) for both of us, attached the relevant docs and pressed “Submit”. Nothing happened.

I tried again several times over the last two days and once again this morning, after checkin opened. The same no result each time.

I thought that we would not be able to checkin – but decided to try anyway. It went straight through (with a message that all the documents were in order) and have received our boarding passes. So, why couldn’t any of my earlier attempts to submit the docs, seemingly unsuccessfully, be answered with a simple acknowledgement that they had been received?

If you are flying BA to Spain, please note this.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Montysaurus
    Participant

At 1750 today I was unable to access my account on the BA app. Message said log out and log back in. Alas it wouldn’t let me back in. The message said go to ba.com but the BA site is also unavailable. I’ve noticed that the opening page on the app for the last few days has not been my flights but a page that says “where can we take you next?” I’ve had to faff around to find the usual opening page listing my upcoming flights. It looks like the extended EC IT shut down didn’t really improve things. As others have said it is unbelievable that a business like IAG cannot have flawless IT systems. What’s more I approached the BA customer service desk in Heathrow yesterday with a problem with an Iberia flight booked through ba.com and was told the BA staff in LHR cannot access Iberia systems.

LaundryMan
    Participant

As at 1915 hours this evening trying to book some flights for end of March and can not get any connection either via website or app

Absolutely shocking but that’s BA

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

I don’t know if they are being attacked by spammers but I can’t even get the home page to load.

openfly
    Participant

I hope that it’s not the friends of Mr Pootin!!

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

They say it’s not a Russian attack, but they know there’s a problem

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-02-25/british-airways-investigating-technical-issue-disrupting-travel?srnd=premium-europe&sref=mmmxhwrQ

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/british-airways-heathrow-woodstock-oxfordshire-london-b984779.html

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Seems to be back up but only the Home Page
    https://www.britishairways.com/travel/home/public/en_gb/

Sorry
    * There is currently no access to your account while we upgrade our system. Please visit the information page to find out how this may affect you. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

AlanOrton1
    Participant

It looks to be affecting flights as well – am currently at JFK at an ‘IT glitch’ is causing delays and pilots having to do everything ‘manually’.

Sympathy as it is a genuine hack.
    Or slightly less so given BA’s long standing ineptitude when it comes to IT.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Good luck getting back…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls