British Airways to start selling Marks and Spencer's sandwiches on board

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 346 total)

• rferguson
    Participant

From what’s being said on internal forums the savings from shorthaul BOB and the reduced longhaul Y offering are to be reinvested into the Club World cabin which BA now intends to focus on as it is the single most profitable division of IAG. A manager has said some ‘exciting’ announcements to be made soon. Don’t shoot the messenger 🙂

JohnHarper
    Participant

[quote quote=767414]John

Looking on the bright side, I suppose, in answer to your question, that Pyjamas are not supplied to J pax on the airlines you mention………..

[/quote]

They are on QR!

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=767549]

John

Looking on the bright side, I suppose, in answer to your question, that Pyjamas are not supplied to J pax on the airlines you mention………..

They are on QR!

[/quote]

Not only are they supplied, but they last for ages, very good quality and equal to decent store bought.

esselle
    Participant

Interesting, I’ve never been offered pyjamas on QR but have only flown daytime flights with them.

AlanOrton1
    Participant

I can’t say I like the QR ones at all, particularly the top. Pair of running shorts and a t-shirt for me.

alainboy56
    Participant

@FDOS_UK
    Fully agree with you, have been using QR Pyjamas for years, and have several models/styles.
    Even gave my father-in-law several pieces – he loves them for lounging around at home in.

Tramor01
    Participant

They also have PJ’s on Eva Air business class

B737-200
    Participant

Can’t say I’m too bothered by this move by BA, the offering in economy has been so poor for so long that I never bother with anything. I don’t drink alcohol during the week, which is when I usually travel, so not affected by BoB drinks. I always pick up a bottle of water before boarding anyway and plan my travelling so that I either eat before leaving the house or work or eat at the airport and expense it.

I usually fly with BA as LHR is only 25 minutes away and they go to where I need to get to but recently, due to the FLY Altea issues and flight delays and cancellations, I used easyJet from LGW for a couple of business flights. I’ve flown U2 for leisure flights in the past and they do a good job.

I’ve read a lot on another forum of people deserting BA, I’ll still do as I always have when travelling, pick the flight that suits me from the airline that offers what suits me.

TCSH11
    Participant

Thing is, what most people seem to forget is that an airline is not required at all to offer any form of food, refreshment etc. Their ” contract ” with you, through there ticket is to get,you to your destination, not to wine and dine you while doing it. Food etc on flights is just a thing to pass the time, eleviate the boredom etc, and not a given right. If you remember a while back when Gate Goumet were on strike, the airline offered nothing on flights, and was technically not required to compensate passengers ( they might of done as a PR stunt, but that was up to them ) Maybe one day someone needs to read the legal T and C’s of a flight ticket.

esselle
    Participant

TCSH11

I think you miss the point. They are not obliged to offer you a hot towel in J either. It is about how they position themselves in a competitive market.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

@TCSH11 – surely you prefer to be proud of how you serve your passengers, rather than worrying about the legal obligations of what you serve your passengers.

MrMichael
    Participant

The T&C’s are not really relevant in this case. If at the time of booking the flight is marked as one serving complimentary drinks and snacks then that becomes a part of the contract, irrelevant of BA’s written T&C’s. Although doubtful, people may well have booked BA purely on the basis of getting a G&T and a chicken wrap thrown in with the air fare.

I have yet to hear how BA intend to manage that for those that booked before the changes were announced, rightly so some will be expecting a G&T and a wrap without having to dig in to their wallet.

GivingupBA
    Participant

TCSH11 said, “Thing is, what most people seem to forget is that an airline is not required at all to offer any form of food … Food etc on flights is just a thing to pass the time, eleviate the boredom etc, and not a given right…”

Maybe so, but I’d like to see what happens on a 15-hour nonstop flight if the airline provided no food or drink whatsoever!

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=768643]Thing is, what most people seem to forget is that an airline is not required at all to offer any form of food, refreshment etc. Their ” contract ” with you, through there ticket is to get,you to your destination, not to wine and dine you while doing it. Food etc on flights is just a thing to pass the time, eleviate the boredom etc, and not a given right. If you remember a while back when Gate Goumet were on strike, the airline offered nothing on flights, and was technically not required to compensate passengers ( they might of done as a PR stunt, but that was up to them ) Maybe one day someone needs to read the legal T and C’s of a flight ticket.

[/quote]

Your assumption is wrong, there are more than one remedy routes, if the customer can be bothered (and many will not).

T&Cs are not the law.

SimonS1
    Participant

[quote quote=768643]Thing is, what most people seem to forget is that an airline is not required at all to offer any form of food, refreshment etc. Their ” contract ” with you, through there ticket is to get,you to your destination, not to wine and dine you while doing it. Food etc on flights is just a thing to pass the time, eleviate the boredom etc, and not a given right. If you remember a while back when Gate Goumet were on strike, the airline offered nothing on flights, and was technically not required to compensate passengers ( they might of done as a PR stunt, but that was up to them ) Maybe one day someone needs to read the legal T and C’s of a flight ticket. [/quote]

There may not be a contract but clearly BA feels a degree of responsibility which is why they are offering 1,000 Avios or free cancellation.

Beyond that I agree with esselle, it is all about how you position yourself.

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 346 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls