British Airways – non existent customer service

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

• Cheeryguy
    Participant

mkcol74, may I ask what route you were flying on and in what class.
    I ask as I tried to book a special meal on a flight in Euro Trav and the option in not available. It just refers you back to the info page which then states what euro routes special meals are offered. It’s only the flights of three hours plus.

mkcol74
    Participant

@cheeryguy it was LHR-OSL in Y.
    I didn’t even get sent in the loop which you’ve described. Annoyingly no screenshots were taken during booking, as I wasn’t expecting any issues.

Cheeryguy
    Participant

Yikes, that could maybe explain their response. Not that it helps.
    I often order a kosher meal in club on the afternoon tea or brunch flights as you tend to get twice the amount of food……found this by accident when a kosher meal found it’s way onto my profile by mistake.
    When trying to order for euro trav I discovered I couldn’t .
    Good luck.

mkcol74
    Participant

I’ve learned the hard way – do not order Kosher for the evening meal on an inbound Club. It was like a kid’s meal & the crew were embarrassed by it.

Irons80
    Participant

The website is quite clear that they don’t provide kosher food in ET. The only decent kosher meals are the London-supplied Hermolis ones. I travelled HEL-LHR in biz but it was a Finnair operated flight and the meal from Belgium I was given was atrocious… Finnair very generously gave me a 20 Euro voucher (my flight was only £630)

Chiantikid
    Participant

To reiterate, you cannot order a special meal of any kind in Y on European flights apart from the longer flights of 3hr+ eg Athens, Istanbul , Bucharest etc. On shorter flights there’s always a vegaterian option eg pasta salad instead of chicken sandwich. Of course in Club, all options are available including Kosher.
    To be perfectly honest, as crew, I’m constantly amazed at what some people expect airlines in this day and age to provide even on very short flights especially when you require a ‘meal’ based on religious or dietary grounds. What for example do you get on a 5-6 hr train journey upto Scotland? ( By the way that’s a serious question). BA as far as I know is the only airline in Europe where you still get a free full bar service including spirits. I stand to be corrected if not true.

My views are my own and not that of my employer.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

@chiantikid – passengers only expect the service and product advertising by the airline. This should not amaze you 🙂

@mkcol74 – not sure where you live, but when kosher catering is required for private jet or commercial passenger flights (departing London area), I order from Colin B at Mendys of Edgware who will package any kind of food required and do consider the liquid ban situation (airport security).

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Since BA have become a low service airline, I wonder why they need so many FA’s to service the flight?

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls