British Airways mobile phone policy

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

• andystock
    Participant

I am confused as was on a cityflyer service from EDI to LCY a few weeks ago and it was same policy as LHR and LGW services

LuganoPirate
    Participant

For some reason this actually makes me nervous. I’m okay with the odd phone left on accidentally but if 500 pax leave all their phones on, and many, like me have more than one, well I only hope that has all been properly tested!

Nogbad01
    Participant

I have no problem with people using these devices in flight safe mode at any time. However, on recent BA flights, there were a number of pax who just seemed to think it was ok to keep using their phones!
    One guy was still chatting away during the take off!
    I think the cabin crew need to stress the “flight-safe” mode thing a bit more.

esselle
    Participant

I fully agree that the “flight safe” message needs to be emphasised more, and equally made clearer as, even in English, it is a bit vague.

Recently I flew in F on a BA flight to AUH and the lady behind me was chatting away merrily even as the undercarriage was being raised.

Charles-P
    Participant

It always amuses me to hear the number of phones ‘chirping’ away as they reacquire the cell signal when aircraft are on descent. I have also noticed the same thing on occasion when crossing the alps, I assume there must be cell towers high in the mountains.

SimonS1
    Participant

@Martyn – same today on an Eastern operated Cityflyer flight to IoM. The purser made a big thing about how their policy was different and devices to be turned off for take off and landing.

Also went through the cabin asking people to remove their headsets.

Bizarre.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Yes Charles there are. Which is how many Swiss get Internet in the remotest valleys or high up in their mountain homes. I remember once seeing a map of all the cell phone towers in Switzerland which often carry all sorts of other communication stuff, military and civil.

BigDog.
    Participant

US Flight Attendants fighting to reinstate ban on fliers’ devices, citing not just the electronic interference but also the fact that they are a distraction from the safety briefing – as MS has repeatedly stressed.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2792320/using-mobile-tablet-flying-dangerous-flight-attendants-claim-gadgets-distract-passengers-watching-emergency-instructions.html

(The original WSJ report requires a subscription)

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls