British Airways IT down AGAIN for hours? Or just no staff…?

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• openfly
    Participant

How much longer do we have to tolerate such bad treatment.

No personal bookings available on the APP or website. Spent a total of 76 minutes on the Gold Line this morning so far. Did get through at one stage but the guy had such a heavy accent and hadn’t got a clue how to do a paid upgrade! Gave up.

4 users thanked author for this post.

cybertravller
    Participant

As someone working in IT, what must happen before we, as customers, vote with our feet and avoid companies like BA who will outsource to the cheapest bidder? The only airline I would say that I am somewhat loyal to is Aegean, but even then, in terms of long-haul, I vote with my feet, and if a website does not work or is misdesigned, I will not use that airline.

There is a lot of competition, and my experience with BA has been shocking. From charging Club World passengers who don’t have silver or gold status for choosing their seat (I was quoted about £100 per sector) to densely packed and dated products.

I am flying Air Canada next year because they were price competitive and did not charge me for standard seat selection in economy.

1 user thanked author for this post.

AlanOrton1
    Participant

On Monday 17th October their entire call centre IT system was down, so they couldn’t help anyone with matters that could only be dealt with this way.

Almost every time I use their app or website it can’t find a booking. A little patience and fiddling around and oddly it does then show it. Sometimes.
    I’m not an IT person but it all feels pretty amateurish.

Like many, I welcome the day when it works without the many, many glitches that seem to have beset it for what feels like an age.

ASK1945
    Participant

There is no doubt (by anyone) that BA’s IT system is rubbish.

I had no problem logging in today (maybe the outtage was only for a short while). However, last week I went online when I received a message that Online checkin was open. This was for a pair of flights out and back to TLV, which I moved weeks ago when they re-timed the return flight to 0625 (from 1650) for this Thursday – Ugh!

I had re-booked for January, using the same code and these flights are there in my account.

When I was checking for something else today, I was greeted with a note that I have to go to the airport for checkin on Thursday for my flight back to London. Neither the original flight (which I didn’t take obviously) nor the return actually show in my account.

GivingupBA
    Participant

When, oh when, will BA get the message that you absolutely must get IT right?

Openfly asked “how much longer?” That is a good question. I, for one, gave up waiting years ago and have voted with my feet. Too bad, BA, I liked you.

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

I recall some years back one of the contributors to this Forum calculated that only when approx 50,000 ( my recollection might be wrong but it was a substantial number) business travellers left BA would said airline take action i.e only when a loss of revenue is significant enough. The only conclusion you can reach is BA do not care at all.

6 users thanked author for this post.

openfly
    Participant

Again…”none of my future flights listed”…I wonder if BA aircraft are maintained as badly as their IT section. Oh well another hours wait to talk to them. But this time I shall ask for them to give me the details of every future flight so that I can have them written down. Sorry BA to waste so much of your time on your Gold Line, but it’s your fault and has been for years!!

DannyBoy
    Participant

Openfly,

Are you experiencing this on the app, website or both? If it is the app check you have all the latest updates on your phone as this once fixed it for me. The last time I called BA as I could not view anything. I got through to one of their remote call centres using just the standard line as I hold no status in India and whilst he too had a thick accent he could at least confirm the booking.

Hope this helps.

ASK1945
    Participant

[quote quote=1244873]I had no problem logging in today (maybe the outtage was only for a short while).[/quote]

I just looked at the BA website again and now my upcoming flights in January and February have disappeared from my account, when they were listed two days ago. They are there if I use “Manage My booking” but frankly what a mess their IT system is.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls