British Airways: Heathrow to Gran Canaria from October 26

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)

• Anonymous

VintageKrug
    Participant

Splendid news, as BA returns to Gran Canaria, leveraging its ability to use Heathrow for such services while other airlines are restricted to lesser airports:

http://thecanarynews.com/british-airways-resumes-flights-to-gran-canaria-at-last/

sparkyflier
    Participant

It is VK and thank you for highlighting this, but credit must also go to Alexpo for first informing the forum community on the BA Winter 2013 + thread!

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

“restricted to lesser airports”

What a strange worldview you have.

I’d rather fly from an airport that was less congested and that had decent integration with the mainline rail services.

Heathrow ‘may’ be a good business airport, because of the connections, but it is a lousy leisure airport for many people, who don’t live in the area.

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

I believe many of the attractions of FLL are also available in LPA.

The idea of wanting to start a holiday at LHR if you didn’t have to is bizarre unless you live close by.

Still, good to see KrugHandles promoting BA at all costs.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

“Henkel.Trocken – 07/05/2013 15:07 GMT

Still, good to see KrugHandles promoting BA at all costs.”

All this coming from someone who promotes Singapore Airlines.

openfly
    Participant

Such elation for a flight that operates once a week.

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

BeckyBoop – 07/05/2013 15:24 GMT

Wrong again. Further evidence of an opinion about everything and knowledge about nothing.

I think that equals ignorance!

As I’ve said before, I’m loyal to the carrier who delivers me good service at a reasonable price. I fly more with Emirates than anyone else.

It’s a pity it’s not twice weekly as Las Palmas is perfecto for a short break. Easy to avoid the mega resorts..stick to the north or west coasts, or the city itself… I lived there some years ago and would go back tonight!

Hippocampus
    Participant

I think the point VintageKrug was making is that these new leisure routes at off peak times from London Heathrow allow the cognescenti to reach their holiday destinations without having to mingle with the hoi polloi!

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

“I think the point VintageKrug was making is that these new leisure routes at off peak times from London Heathrow allow the cognescenti to reach their holiday destinations without having to mingle with the hoi polloi!”

I am sure that the hoi polloi will be relieved to hear this.

PS: some of the vilest chavs I’ve encountered have been on BA flights.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Quite so, Hippo 😉

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

Rather more, it’s BA slot sitting at LHR. A once weekly service is of little value to anyone except an airline that’s slot sitting.

openfly
    Participant

I cannot imagine BA would ”slot-sit” on a route that involves 10 hours flying…or a days work on one aircraft. I would imagine that its main aim is as a freighter for high price perishables such as flowers. The passengers will be a bonus.

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

But to have a contract for things like flowers, the operation needs to be daily! No contractor is going to wait a week for perishables.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls