British Airways Embraer 190 Euro Traveller

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

TominScotland
    Participant

This was an evening flight from Glasgow to London City on the day of the storm down south on 28th October. BA had cancelled some Glasgow flights earlier in the day, including a couple on the LCY route and this must have affected this flight because the load was quite light.

I checked in online via my iPhone and, during the afternoon, noticed by reference to my BA app, that the airline were posting a 15 minute delay. I arrived at the airport in good time and, after using fast track, made my way to the excellent Lounge where I worked for a while. Based on information, in the Lounge, I went to the gate too early because a further delay was posted on the monitor there. I returned to the Lounge but the flight as almost immediately called.

The gate in use did not provide for a priority lane but the queues were not bad. My seat was 9B, quite far back for me with BA but the front five rows apprared to have been left free for trim purposes. We were all boarded maybe 15 minutes late but, after pushing back, returned to the gate. The captain informed us that there were problems closing one of the hold doors and this took about 45 minutes to sort out.

We were finally on our way some 60 minutes late and made our way south. As others have noted, the Embraer gives a very comfortable ride. We arrived at LCY and were soon in the terminal, using the up and down arrivals route for domestic passengers. I was on the DLR some 10 minutes after landing.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls