British Airways – death of a stowaway

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

WillieWelsh
    Participant

It appears that two gentlemen managed to stowaway on board a BA service last night from JNB.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/aviation/11685531/Plane-stowaways-body-found-on-roof-as-another-survives-fall.html

Sadly this extraordinary venture has ended in tragedy for one of them and the other is in a London hospital.

With all the airport security in place it does beg the question of how this happened with not one but two people involved. Perhaps they could have just as easily been in the passenger cabin with explosives. BA have some questions to answer.

BAGoldcard
    Participant

…as do the JNB authorities who have responsibility for security.

Sad story.

Charles-P
    Participant

It just amazes me that anybody could survive that journey. No air, incredibly cold, dark and cramped. I am aware of many trying it before, indeed at one point in the 1980’s the B&Q carpark on the Heathrow flight path saw three dead bodies in one week.

openfly
    Participant

@Charles-P……….that happens quite frequently at B&Q stores. Usually on a Wednesday, pensioner discount day!!

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

@ openfly – 19/06/2015 11:53 BST

Tsk, tsk, that’s my mother you”re talking about! ยง:-)

TCSH11
    Participant

I think you will find its the airport authorities in JNB who have those questions to answer not the carrier, who pays for these to be done for them
    Also, if it was in the cabin, then they would prob of not made it with explosives… As they go through several X-ray and security… To my knowledge there and not many X-ray machines or procedures whilst jumping a fence.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls