British Airways CW Food Improvements

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

• dutchyankee
    Participant

Is this change going to be rolled out system wide? I fly mostly via LGW to MCO and to BGI, and have always enjoyed the main meal, but found the second service fair to poor depending on whether Tea or Breakfast. I hate having sandwiches still wrapped in cellophane or fruit on a plastic plate likewise wrapped in cellophane. The least the crew could do is to set these items up properly, and on china as they do for the first meal service. Glad to read some flights have seen improvement, just hoping this will roll out further!

FirstFleeter35
    Participant

The sandwiches have to remain wrapped in cellophane or they dry out and go stale very quickly due to the lack of humidity on board, I agree, they dont look very appealing offered this way, but no alternative I’m afraid!

dutchyankee
    Participant

@FirstFleeter35, thanks for that, and fully understand, but simply feel they could be presented better. Perhaps have them on trays, and served as opposed to handed out on a plate still wrapped. Additional work, but from a presentation perspective, it would improve.

David
    Participant

Sadly my positive experience to Mumbai of several weeks ago (hot selection of quiches, etc) was not repeated on my flight to Dallas last week.

Same offer of tired, plastic wrapped sandwiches or a very oily artichoke (not sure about that…) and bell peppar salad (2 pieces of something green too). It just seems so easy to get right; and very disappointing that it continues to remain the same.

HedgeFundFlyer
    Participant

I despair about the food and wine in J with BA. A really good product is totally let down by it.

Many airlines’ economy offerings outclass what BA slops up to its best customers.

Swissdiver
    Participant

Let’s face it: BA offers a great product in CW and F. But they are way behind food-wise… While we see some improvements, I don’t see anything really significant before a while. By the time they (finally) decide to have steam ovens in F and CW on board and the implementation, we’ll be old. Not to mention the espresso machine in CW too…

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

Swissdiver: I think you might have something tasty to look forward to when you are in your old age!

Food preparation is certainly NOT one of the strong points with the majority of the Brits and most definately not with the CC.

I know this from my schoool days in England and having lived with many Brits.

spudseamus
    Participant

FlyingChinaman +1 grin

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

“Many airlines’ economy offerings outclass what BA slops up to its best customers.”

Funny you should write this, as I flew from MLA to DXB on the EK service yesterday – I rarely use this flight as the timings are poor and J class is ridiculously overpriced (2,200 Eur for 4.5-5 hours), so I booked Y (the flight stops at LCA, so is like two short haul sectors, with an hour break in between, quite doable in Y.)

Anyway, having gone on board with low expectations, I was amazed at the quality of the meal, a chicken salad starter (lovely and crisp), very nice salmon mains, with veg and rice.

Although subjective, I would have rated it at least on a par with the last meal I had in CW (from Cairo, before Xmas.)

And those who read this board regularly will know that I am not a big fan of either BA or EK, so the anti-airline bias is about balanced in this instance 🙂 To be fair, the presentation was not as elegant as CW.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Did anyone ever try the Heston Blumenthal Shepherds pie? xx

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls