British Airways – CAPA AWARDS -Airline of the Year for Excellence

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

• rferguson
    Participant

[postquote quote=983616][/postquote]

I agree.

Longhaul AVIOS are only really any good for the 2-4-1 voucher.

One area I find them useful and excellent value for are non-BA OneWorld flights. There are some good sweet spots. As the Avios required works by ‘bands’ the extreme high end of a band can represent excellent value. My favourite regular is PER-MEL or vv on QF. MEL-PER is on the limit of the 1152-2000 mile bracket. It is a flight duration of 4hr10min. It is primarly operated by long haul configured wide bodied aircraft with the latest generation flat beds and offer international level catering. A one way in Business is 22K Avios plus low taxes of £20. BA also allows you to pay more to reduce the Avios. I tend to reduce the Avios to 14,100 and pay £89.

For me, 14,100 Avios and £89 for a one way four hour flight on an internationally configured aircraft represents excellent value. Especially as domestic J flights in Australia tend to be very expensive. You will not see fares on the MEL-PER route fall below AU$1500 each way and sales are a rarity.

Unfortunately PER-SYD is over 2000 miles so there’s quite a jump for another 30-odd min flying time.

I also enjoyed a PVG-TYO flight in J with JL recently. 16.5K avios plus £26. 2hr45min flight, 787 with flat beds, great catering. Excellent value. Apparently there are some good ones on CX intra-asia as well.

Aer Lingus used to have a stonking good one between Shannon and Boston. It just fell shy of 3000 miles so was considerably less Avios than the other East Coast destinations from Ireland. However I believe Aer Lingus has ‘moved’ Boston a couple hundred miles away and this sweet spot no longer exists.

I guess the best aspect of BA exec club for me is to use it for any airline other than BA!

3 users thanked author for this post.

capetonianm
    Participant

People who work for them don’t seem to have much to say about their ‘excellence’. 19/20 comments negative.

https://www.thetravel.com/20-things-employees-have-said-about-working-for-british-airways/

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls