British Airways B767-300

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

BA155 LHR T1 to Cairo
    Premium Economy (World Traveller Plus)

Despite arriving at LHR T1 on a delayed flight from Luxembourg, I still had 45 minutes to relax in the BA International Lounge. The lovely lady at reception confirmed that the remaining BA routes at T1 would be staying there until its closure. The lounge was also being used by TAM and Icelandair passengers.

It is quite a lengthy walk to Gate 21 and boarding had already commenced when I got there.

We were all set for a punctual departure at 22:25….but no, there was a baggage problem and we sat there for what seemed like ages. Meanwhile water and juice and a small selection of newspapers were offered to WTP passengers.

Shortly after take-off there was a drinks service followed by a choice of two mains:

Zorbian lamb with cardamom and cinnamon-spiced rice, aubergine and okra in tomato sauce

Sustainably-sourced North Atlantic cod with a saffron and sultana sauce, vegetable tajine and couscous

I went for the first and have to say it was very good.

I was in 13K, a window seat in the back row of this cabin. I don't know if this was the new WT+ but it certainly looked spruced up compared to previous experiences to the US, and the TV screen appeared marginally bigger. The seat is comfortable with good recline and there was no one beside me. Even so I didn't sleep a wink.

I always listen to music on flights but I found the selection on the audio channel very limited. The headsets provided however were more comfortable than my own.

It was a quick 4 hours 5 minutes to Cairo, landing 5 minutes behind schedule at 04:25….and a long taxi to the gate which must be up there with the Polderbaan.

Immigration was quick and stress free. The cost of a visa sticker has gone up since my last visit from $15 to $25 (or £20 or €20). I only had $21 in my wallet so no guesses which currency I paid in.

I had not organised any transportation but soon found myself in a taxi to my central Cairo hotel, where I arrived at 06:00.

Overall, a good flight and a nice little TP earner (200 return) for the price I paid.

Review courtesy of Seatplans.com. Original review by user 135873 can be found here

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls