British Airways B747-400 Mid J First

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

TominScotland
    Participant

Edited: This was a flight in WT+ not First but the BT gremlins clearly decided to intervene!!

I connected from T5 for this flight to Bangkok and, although running late, made it to Gate 32 in plenty of time, arriving at 21.30 for my 22.05 flight, being assured that my transfer baggage was en route from T5 and had already been checked at T3. Priority boarding saw me as on of the first passengers aboard and I made my way to 12J, the second row of WT+. I had only just settled in when the CC member in charge of the cabin came over and invited me to move to the back row of the small four row cabin as the middle block was entirely free. This I did and was able to spread out and enjoy the (relatively) spacious legroom etc.

Push back was at 22.15 and I was alseep before take-off – having completed a house move that morning, I was feeling somewhat tired!! I woke up for the service and enjoyed an excellent chicken curry as compsensation for missing the T3 BA Lounge. I then fell back to sleep and rested well unto about 2.5 hours out – the seat, reclined, was very comfortable and suited me fine, as I rarely use the full recline/ flat position even when available in Business.

A good, cooked breakfast (I had Spanish omlette) was served an hour before arrival into BKK and we landed some 35 minute early before taxiing to the gate. Service was fine and professional throughout. The mid-J WT+ cabin gets a great deal on disembarkation and can mingle with passengers leading the line from both F and J so I was on my long hike to Immigration quickly. The plan was to collect my bag and re-check it upstairs – no problems with that as a theory!

The immigration queues at BKK appear to have disappeared and the system has been pleasently revamped into an efficient facility. So, I was through quickly and at the carousel, waiting and waiting and then the frustraion of realising that you (and about 20 others) were bagless. This was really unacceptable, even with a T5 to T3 transfer, because 1’20” should be plenty to achieve this and, given my information at boarding, had already been 75% completed 35 minutes before scheduled departure. In fairness, forms had been filled in prior to arrival and processing was quick – in my case, accompanied by a whispered briefing on the immediate compo I was to receive upstairs in departures – a BA visa card with £50 credit on it. I was also promised that my bag would transfer on to my final destination of Phnom Penh the next day – will await this in breathless mode.

TominScotland
    Participant

Up-date on my luggage. I received what I would call star servive from BA’s agents in Bangkok and was kept right up to date with the progress of my luggage from LHR a day behind schedule, something the Luggage Tracking system did not provide. I spoke to BA Bangkok twice by telephone (they called me, incidently) and they gave me exact flight details for my bag’s onward progress from Bangkok to Phnom Penh. Then the baggage office in Phnom Penh kept Reception in my hotel informed from their end wth the result that I was reunited with my luggage some 21 hours after I got here, service that was smothered with smiles and apologies all along the way. Well done BA for the recovery – the original issue still rankles a bit but subsequent service was 100% spot on.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Nothing more annoying than losing luggage; T5 should be much more reliable on this front once the flights switch there.

Good to see some positive service recovery.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls