British Airways B747-400 High J World Traveller Plus (premium economy)

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

TominScotland
    Participant

I connected to this Singapore – Heathrow service at Changi after a longish connecting wait in the BA Lounge. Boarding iteslf was uncomplicated and I was one of the first aboard, welcomed at the door and directed to my seat. WT+ was the new seating which was great and I had one of the two solo seats at the front of the cabin where configuration is 1-4-1 rather than the standard 2-4-2. The seat is fairly throne like but does have a great area for books etc to the side of the seat. Recline is sufficient for me and the footrest with no-one in front means plenty of room. The downside on my flight were the two passengers who seemed to see my arm rests as fair game to stretch out their feet so, on a number of occasions during the night, I knocked them back – we all have to do intimate on flights but this was a tad too intimate!!

The cabin crew in WT+ were very friendly and served OJ/ water prior to take off. No sign of a CSD welcome for Gold members on this flight – maybe because it was overnight.

We were welcomed by the captain who announced a long 13′ 05″ flight. We pushed back on time but had to wait a while for take off so a slightly late arrival was predicted – 15 minutes as it transpired.

Once airborne, drinks service came quickly followed by dinner – Asian coleslaw salad (very cabbagy), two mains options and desert from CW with real metal cutlery and a linen napkin etc. The choices were

Grilled fillet steak (nicely done and tasty) with herb butter, green beans, baby carrots (both veg way over cooked) and mashed potatoes (watery)

or

Snapper in black bean sauce with bok-choy and egg friend rice (which I did not sample)

Desert was Lychee jelly with passion fruit coulis.

Verdict – satisfactory but not earth shattering….

I slept well (except for the feet intrusions) and, as is normal with me, did not use the iFE. Getting towards arrival, I read a bit – the plus of a lonesome seat meaning other passengers were not disturbed.

On the menu card, breakfast was described as a ‘light meal” including juice, tea and coffee. This turned out to be English breakfast or omlette (neither of which I selected), yoghurt and a croissant – the same offering as WT as the cutlery was decidedly plastic. Not sure why they mix and match service in this way – after raising expectations with dinner service, its not great to bring passengers down to earth in this way!!

We landed a few minutes late and, after a short taxi, quickly deplanned into 5B.

Good seating for WT+ (especially my choice of seat), a pity about the smelly feet and the down graded breakfast service.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Sorry for the delay in approving this – travelling….

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Sorry for the delay in approving this – travelling….

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls