British Airways A380 Club World

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

• TiredOldHack
    Participant

“I read the OP’s review differently – that the problem isn’t people upstairs and the noise carrying down, rather it was the noise of people actually on the staircase.”

Yes, that’s exactly what I meant.

Panda01
    Participant

The only reason why I like BA Cub World is because a) I fly to Hong Kong and BA is the only carrier to have a380 b) Club World window seat is an actual window seat, not just a seat with a view of a window(looking a you Cathay Pacific).

But apart from that, the seat is terrible because storage space is now the biggest thing(I think or one of the biggest thing) and the storage space is terrible. You get two USB places to recharge your phone and there is no where to put it and the foot locker is the only place to put anything.

You get the sense that the seat was designed for the airline benefit to make money, not to make happy consumers. I don’t see how people like BA club world.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Panda1000, it is still pretty easy to see out of the window on CX – especially if you slide the seat forward (it moves about a foot) – but the storage space and seat are so very much better that I wouldn’t let the view push me in favour of BA (particularly on a night flight!). Although apparently if you get a window seat on the upper deck of the A380 there is a side locker (like a B747 upper deck seat)

Have you tried the CX J?

Panda01
    Participant

Ian- I don’t like the Cathay Pacific seat design(and also they dont have any a380 and also, they are based in Hong Kong and not London, so I have to travel to Hong Kong to try it.

But the main reason is that I like being able to as close as possible to the window to ensure that I get the view possible(after all, I am an window seat person). But I have seen it is real life and its not for me, so the answer to question is no.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Does row 50 upstairs on the BA 380 get a full compliment of windows??

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls