British Airways A380 Club World (Part 2)

Back to Forum

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  SergeantMajor 5 Dec 2013
at 11:26

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Anonymous

BA744fan
    Participant

BA26 HKG to LHR on 01/12/13.

Selected seats 14E & 14F as travelling with the Commander-in-Chief. This is the last of 5 ‘couple’ seats in the Club World cabin on the lower deck and I would suggest the best row as you don’t have to climb over anyone to get to the aisle, although it was a bit awkward for the crew to pass food and drinks.

Being a late departure, dinner was from the new ‘lighter’ options, designed to enable passengers to get to sleep easier after eating. The food was adequate – a simple starter of canap├ęs followed by either sole or ravioli. Annoyingly the ravioli had run out by the time my order was taken, but credit to the cabin crew, they managed to get me a portion from one of the other Club World cabins.

The ‘couple’ seats give an air of more space, and I slept for 8 hours which was the most I have ever had on a flight and I only woke up when I could hear the breakfast orders being taken.

I don’t fly long haul much any more but I’m going to have to think of an excuse to book another trip soon, just so I can fly on this plane again. It is such an improvement on the old Boeings.

SergeantMajor
    Participant

For “BA744fan” to now be a committed A380 enthusiast is change indeed!

It’s good to see BA has scored with the consistency of its Club World seat, and the small evolutionary improvements seen are appreciated.

I think you’d actually find a similarly excellent experience on the 777-300ERs.

The “couple seats” with direct aisle access (over 50% of Club World seats have direct access) are particularly good if ravelling a deux, though personally I do like a window to look out of.

8 hours is an impressive sleep on board – just what Club World delivers time and again.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
BTUK October 2018 issue
BTUK October 2018 issue
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls