British Airways A380 Club World (Part 2)

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Anonymous

BA744fan
    Participant

BA26 HKG to LHR on 01/12/13.

Selected seats 14E & 14F as travelling with the Commander-in-Chief. This is the last of 5 ‘couple’ seats in the Club World cabin on the lower deck and I would suggest the best row as you don’t have to climb over anyone to get to the aisle, although it was a bit awkward for the crew to pass food and drinks.

Being a late departure, dinner was from the new ‘lighter’ options, designed to enable passengers to get to sleep easier after eating. The food was adequate – a simple starter of canapés followed by either sole or ravioli. Annoyingly the ravioli had run out by the time my order was taken, but credit to the cabin crew, they managed to get me a portion from one of the other Club World cabins.

The ‘couple’ seats give an air of more space, and I slept for 8 hours which was the most I have ever had on a flight and I only woke up when I could hear the breakfast orders being taken.

I don’t fly long haul much any more but I’m going to have to think of an excuse to book another trip soon, just so I can fly on this plane again. It is such an improvement on the old Boeings.

SergeantMajor
    Participant

For “BA744fan” to now be a committed A380 enthusiast is change indeed!

It’s good to see BA has scored with the consistency of its Club World seat, and the small evolutionary improvements seen are appreciated.

I think you’d actually find a similarly excellent experience on the 777-300ERs.

The “couple seats” with direct aisle access (over 50% of Club World seats have direct access) are particularly good if ravelling a deux, though personally I do like a window to look out of.

8 hours is an impressive sleep on board – just what Club World delivers time and again.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls