Britannia Hotel – Manchester

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

JeffD
    Participant

I feel I must share my experience of this hotel with fellow travellers. I booked an economy room at this city centre hotel, on arrival all seemed well. The receptionists processed a long queue very quicklyand professionally. Things went down hill when I opened the door to the room, no windows and faulty air conditioning on one of the hottest Saturdays this year. The room was really hot and stuffy. There was a small fan hidden behind the chair. I returned to reception asking for another room only to be told the hotel was full. So I decided to accept the situation.

When I tried to open the wardrobe door the glass panel fell out and hit me on the head. I was now getting a bit angry and asked the duty manager to come up to my room. After much discussion and me asking to buy a upgraded room I was finally allocated a rather nice room with both air conditioning and a window.

So what else could possibly go wrong, room service. I ordered a chicken caeser salad, when this arrived it had, cucumber, peppers, tomatoes and a variety of other vegetables piled on top of the chicken. I do not think I even saw a sigle lettuce leaf, plus I was charged an additional tax of £3.00 to have the meal brought to my room.

In conclusion I would not recommend this hotel at any cost. Which is a real pitty as it is centrally locate with good staff, who are trying against all odds to offer a professional service.

BAGoldcard
    Participant

Well it years since I stayed there, but it seems that nothing has changed.

Thanks for reminding me why I do not stay there.

starflyer
    Participant

Britannia is a chain best avoided. Bargain basement hotels with very poor rooms and no service. Endured a stay years ago and by the sounds of it it hasn’t changed.

viking01
    Participant

Brittania aren’t so bad. I stayed in one of the Bournemouth properties a few years ago – there are two I think, but this one was the Roundhouse – and though the rooms were a little worn they were comfortable enough, and the staff were very friendly. We were on a stag night, but then, so is everyone else in Bournemouth at the weekend. Well, either that or working in one of the clubs.

JBlackwell
    Participant

I’ve given up the Britannia chain, the only one I’ve found that is halfway decent is Leeds Bradford Airport. It’s not very good in terms of decor, but the staff were well trained and eager to help.

Totally agree about Manchester- I tend to book the Midland as I’m able to get fantastic rates there.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls