Brazilian domestic advice

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• PointyMark
    Participant

I’ve booked to fly on KLM to Brazil this year, but I can’t decide which domestic airline to book Rio-Iguassu Falls-Rio. I have a choice between LATAM Brazil, Avianca Brazil and GOL. Online review sites show each to be as bad as the other, so I’m looking for advice from BT readers.

Slayeronwings
    Participant

Watch out for Avianca Brazil, they are more or less bankrupt and you’ll end up losing your money. Flew Latam BOG PEI in their A320’s, was a bit like Ryanair and not sure Gol.

2 users thanked author for this post.

biguli76
    Participant

All in all GOL.
    I flew from SDU to CGH last January, both Latam and GOL. I disagree with bad reviews, Brazilian airlines are safe and good.
    GOL is better. But You can buy Your ticket by app VOEGOL only.
    Greetings

1 user thanked author for this post.

ViajeroUK
    Participant

KLM & AF partner with GOL for onward regional flights from GIG/GRU. Only used GOL once after a KLM flight into GRU, def no frills, did get free snacks on board though due to departure being delayed after boarding, to loud cheers from the mostly Brazilian pax!. Would rate my flight as a little better than Ryanair

EduardoMT
    Participant

Gol is the best choice if Azul isn’t available. Latam Brazil suffers from constant delays and their domestic fleet is very old.

sparkyflier
    Participant

A few years ago I flew TAM on domestic flights (now Latam of course), but a Brazilian friend of mine who is platinum on Oneworld avoids Latam whenever he can, and prefers GOL by a mile.

He prefers Azul out of all of them but their network is currently more limited, unless they take over much of bankrupt Avianca Brasil..

odudufs
    Participant

I think it’s dishonest to say Brazilian airlines are “little better than Ryanair”. None of them annoys you with an inflight market. Talking about which you should choose, I’d say Azul first, then Gol (Avianca would be a good option if they weren’t in trouble). Both Gol and Azul have good legroom, you get free beverage and snacks and, most important, they’re safe. What I don’t like about latam is their uncomfortable seats, poor legroom and ground service.

Shoni BR
    Participant

I also disagree about some comments on Brazilian Airlines; they are acceptable; about your inquiry, I also suggest the same: first AZUL, then GOL, and, LATAM; just be carefull if the choosen flight from Rio to Falls of Iguaçu, is direct or not; the only direct flights at the moment, from Rio, are from GOL and LATAM, and, they depart from the International Airport; not from SDU (Santos Dumont). Enjoy your stay.

sparkyflier
    Participant

Also I think with GOL you would likely get miles on your Flying Blue club, although not tier points.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls