Bott and Co – delaying payment of successful claim..

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

Bott and Co agreed to take on an EU261 claim in July last year. 5 February 24 I received confirmation the case had been settled and sent through my bank details as requested.

Since then heard nothing. Sent a couple of emails no reply and the firm no longer takes telephone inquiries in relation to existing claims.

Does it really take more than 3 months for Bott and Co to settle a successful claim?

ASK1945
    Participant

Martyn

Write to them and threaten a complaint to the Solicitors’ Regulation Authority. Give them 7 days to pay up. Unless something strange happened to their profitability in 2023, they are a company which has recent regular profits of over £900k (to 2022), before tax.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Perhaps Bott and Co read BT Forum as I have just received an update from the firm.

“The airline are yet to send payment. We contacted them and they confirmed that the funds will be sent. Once received, we will contact you.”

This is the same airline that confirmed they would recompense me for unused airmiles when they phoenixed into a new airline…. and so far, still haven’t paid.

BackOfThePlane
    Participant

ITA?

DavidGrodentz
    Participant

Air Malta?

3 users thanked author for this post.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Air Malta on both.

They wrote to me with an offer for unused airmiles (or K miles) – which I accepted

EU 261 agreed to settle via Bott and Co..

Both amounts remain outstanding.

Meanwhile the airline phoenixed into a new airline….same aircraft, same staff…. Welcome to business in/with Malta…

2 users thanked author for this post.

FDOS
    Participant

Martyn, sorry to hear that.

When I lived there, Malta did not have the equivalent to MCOL and civil cases could take years to get to trial. Has that changed?

Also, depending how how they dealt with the metaphorsis, all prior cases may have gone away – IANAL, so unsure, however worth checking before you invest a substantial sum.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

@FDOS – sadly in a professional capacity I have first hand experience how any legal action progresses through the Maltese courts and I recognize it is not worth pursuing the non payment for the unused K Miles.

As for the EU261 non payment, if Bott and Co cant force payment, I doubt a member of the public will be able squeeze the money from Air Malta any faster.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller June 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller June 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls