Bologna flight options to the midlands ?

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

traveller2
    Participant

I fly to Bologna BLQ and dont want to keep traveling down to London as I am in the Midlands (nottingham) I am thinking of trying Birmingham KLM via Amsterdam any advise or comments of routes to consider would be most welcome. Thanks and regards

quercynomad
    Participant

Have you considered flying to a different Italian city then taking the train – Bologna is at the heart of the Italian rail network so very accessible. eg you can fly to Verona from East Midlands on BMI baby then the train from Verona to Bologna is 50 minutes on a very nice train – suspect that would be much quicker than a change of plane anywhere. Timings may not be perfect though. Alternately Milan to Bologna is just over an hour – you’d want to arrive at Linate airport to minimise connection time though you can take the train from Malpensa into central milan.

Hi traveller2,

We posted a link to this strand on Facebook and have had the following suggestion from one of our users:

“BD/SN: 0630-1140 (1.05 hour layover in BRU)
    BD/SN: 1635-2305 (2.35 hour layover in BRU)
    Only thing i can find. Random date in Sept. Hope it helps a bit.”

Good Luck

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Beware taking the train into Milan from MXP as it only goes to Cadorna which is fine for the big hotels but not for the Central Station for trains to Bologna. It’s a bit of a hike or else 5 mins by taxi.

Better and probably quicker option is the bus from MXP direct to the Central Station.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Just came through MXP and seen there is now a train every hour from the airport to Milan Central Station. Travel time is 30 mins.

traveller2
    Participant

thanks for the info, I tried the train for the first time between Bologna and modena and was very good. I will also keep an eye on BMI and frankfurt.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls