Boeing -more disturbing reading

Back to Forum

This topic contains 18 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  K1ngston 8 Jul 2019
at 09:16

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

• MarcusGB
    Participant

I have a friend who is a 737 Captain, also having flown most large long haul Aircraft.
    Currently, none of his colleagues would be prepared to fly a Max of any sort.
    His Airline Are set to receive these, but this will be useless if Pilots refuse.

There are shortage of Pilots in Europe, so do not think they could not move to another Airline!

As a Customer, neither would i fly one at the moment, and probably not for some time after they were re-introduced, If they ever are!

1 user thanked author for this post.

JohnnyG
    Participant

Even more bad news today is that another airline has cancelled its proposed Max order.

https://news.sky.com/story/boeing-setback-after-saudi-airline-scraps-59bn-order-for-737-max-planes-11758393

capetonianm
    Participant

Boeing setback after Saudi airline scraps $5.9bn order for 737 MAX planes
    After two deadly crashes involving Boeing 737 MAXs, budget airline flyadeal will take delivery of a fleet of 30 Airbus A320 jets.

K1ngston
    Participant

If this has been discussed then I apologise but just read the last post saying that the Saudi airline had cancelled their order for the Max and low and behold the only airline (group) who have ordered are IAG now that’s either brilliant bit of business or one more in the eye for WW! Apparently they are not to be delivered until 2023 at a vastly reduced rate….

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller July / August 2019 edition
Business Traveller July / August 2019 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls