Boeing CEO is fired

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

• canucklad
    Participant

I fully understand Keith’s angst at avoiding the Max !

IMO, what the 2 accidents have shown us is that it’s the first aircraft where manufacturers heavily favoured and put their faith in software capability rather than aviator ability .
    So much so , that belief has allowed them to wrongly conclude they could compensate for identified aeronautical design failures in the Max.

Until they fundamentally change the centrifugal design of this aircraft I’d be very , very reluctant to fly on one. And as far as I can tell their still just mucking about with the software solution ?

Knowingly tipping the design envelope of the 737 beyond aviator skill , and then massaging those fundamental changes as minimal is about as close to corporate manslaughter behaviour as you can get, not just at Boeing but the FAA as well.
    To then compound their shortcomings by implied racism is IMO immoral !

maxgeorge
    Participant

Boeing’s payout to Muilenburg: More than $50m with severance, deferred compensation, performance bonuses(!) and pension payouts.

Boeing’s fund for the 346 crash victims: $50m.

Please note that many of the victims were foreigners, unlikely to be able to sue through US courts, and therefore of no consequence.

Move along, please.

SimonS1
    Participant

BBC reporting pay off as USD62m.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls