Boeing 737 Max cleared to fly again by FAA

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

• CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

Given everything I have read about Boeing´s behaviour throughout thie sorry episode I will wait and see.

2 users thanked author for this post.

anyonebutba
    Participant

[postquote quote=1017251][/postquote]

you flew one in January? I think not its been grounded for 2 years nearly lol 737_8 maybe but not the MAX

RoyJones
    Participant

You are right, its January 2019 from MCO to MIA on AA – time goes so quickly when you are having fun

PeterCoultas
    Participant

Maybe after all the effort getting Boeing’s 737 Max (read 8) back flying it is almost certainly safe…. BUT … given Boeing’s appalling mismanagement during the 737 Max development we should be very careful about using any new Boeing planes as they are unfortunately under the same management, one that is clearly not so concerned with safety as with profit…

1 user thanked author for this post.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

[quote quote=1017643]Ryanair’s MOL wants to be “at front of queue” for new MAX order.[/quote]

As if I needed another reason to avoid Ryanscare!! MOL’s just making it too easy…

6 users thanked author for this post.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

[quote quote=1017251]I would think the odds of catching COVID-19 are higher than the 737MAX crashing.[/quote]

That may be true. But many people survive Covid…

5 users thanked author for this post.

Inquisitive
    Participant

Now Boeing is hiring pilots for B737 Max to ‘help’ airlines. These pilot may be additional pilot in cockpit plus they will give additional training per news reports.

On one hand it is a good idea, but it also indicates that the new aircraft is not completely safe by design, it is made safe by training and procedures.

1 user thanked author for this post.

canucklad
    Participant

[quote quote=1059381]On one hand it is a good idea, but it also indicates that the new aircraft is not completely safe by design, it is made safe by training and procedures.[/quote]

Defying basic aerodynamic issues with software is still just daft !!

Johnnyg
    Participant

737 Max: Boeing ‘inappropriately coached’ pilots in test after crashes

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-55372499

Inquisitive
    Participant

[postquote quote=1066716][/postquote]
    May be the extra pilot Boeing is proposing will do the prompting act.

Terence
    Participant

philsquares – What were the “other issues” that led to the two crashes of the 787-8 Max? When I fly I check what aircraft are scheduled before booking. I would not fly on the 787-8Max under any circumstances.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls