Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• AlanOrton1
    Participant

Have to say it looked quite majestic in the skies over central Berkshire yesterday morning, having just taken off from the westerly runway at LHR.

Fist time I’d seen it and made me wish in a way that they could have retro fitted the interior.

Probably just me, but I’d be quite happy to sit in a paisley covered seat again, with those weird light grey earphones watching a solitary movie on a screen pulled down from the ceiling. 😉

capetonianm
    Participant

I’ve only seen it on film and photos and it does look superb.

Probably just me, but I’d be quite happy to sit in a paisley covered seat again, with those weird light grey earphones watching a solitary movie on a screen pulled down from the ceiling

Yep, probably just you! I do understand nostalgia but I also like my comfort.

On the other hand, I’d dearly love to travel again in a DC3 or an Air Rhodesia Viscount as they were. I have fond memories of flying over the flat brown lands of Rhodesia, punctuated by lakes and rivers and the oases of green, and the grids of the towns. Flying low and slow, the distinctive whistle of the 4 RR Darts, 18,000 feet and 300 mph, looking out of those big windows at the scenery passing under us.

3 users thanked author for this post.

DerekVH
    Participant

I think BA missed a trick here, I am quite sure they could have filled the aircraft with enthusiasts for the flight from Dublin back to Heathrow!

1 user thanked author for this post.

pheighdough
    Participant

I was in a meeting in the Hyatt Hotel last week, and most of the room were vaguely engaged in proceedings, however as soon as the BOAC B747 landed the entire room turned around to look. Later that morning, the BEA A319 landed and the same again. Half bored people turning to stare at the new scheme.
    Can’t wait for the next Nagur scheme, shame it’s not on a B787 with the number shaded like the B757 had.

canucklad
    Participant

I wonder why they haven’t payed homage to their historic predatory skills….

Would love to see the 320 that regularly ply’s the LGW-EDI- GLA painted up in B Cal’s colours .
    Dare I mention Dan Air ?

1 user thanked author for this post.

JJ
    Participant

B Cal livery would be great to see again. Childhood memories from the 80’s in the BCP carpark at Gatwick at dawn seeing a B Cal DC10 towering above.

Shame there are no Tri Jets to put it on anymore

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls