BMI/Free Silver Status

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

Potakas
    Participant

I just wonder how the loyal BMI’s customers feel like when they see promos like this one…

http://www.flybmi.com/bmi/en-gb/loyalty-programmes/diamond-club/promotions/complimentary-silver-status.aspx

JohnnyEnglish
    Participant

Or indeed any other Miles and More customer…

Travellator
    Participant

Silvers main advantage to me is the extra baggage allowance, I fly flexible anyway so lounge access there already. However struggling to maintain Silver this year as my profile is changing from LHR to LGW.

As a member already they wont let me use this offer or my wife who is blue.

Very unfair to loyal customers of many years !

ANDREWYOUNG1
    Participant

In related BMI news, a ridiculously complicated offer for BMI business class flights on Groupon today:
    http://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/london/bmi-ma11/288322

In true BMI style, I’m not sure if it’s a good offer or not really!

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

I was in a BMI lounge last week and also noticed that they are offering complimentary Gold status to anybody who holds Gold with a ‘Non Star Alliance’ airline………

PatJordan
    Participant

I checked this silver offer with BMI. It seems that this was a targeted “by invitation offer” used at very small scale high end corporate face to face events. This seems to have gone viral over the weekend.

All the links have been removed, no Silver cards are being issued, they are being downgraded to Blue.

Just goes to show that there’s no such thing as a free lunch!

Pat

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls