Bmibaby frustration, no customer service, stupid system

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Anonymous

NTarrant
    Participant

I booked a member of staff to travel between MAN and JER and return back in December. The flight out was cancelled due to the weather. He was told he would receive a credit note in the post to his home address so that he could book another flight.

The credit note didn’t arrive, yesterday I telephoned Bmibaby reservations or whatever the 65p a minute line is called to find out where the credit note was and that we wanted to re-book for 12 February. Oh no apparently we should have written in for the credit note! And of course that was what he was told, yeah right! I protested to the female, clearly based in India that all I wanted to do was re-book for the 12th, not rocket science, not asking for anything free.

My protests were not listened to and I was told I had to write to customer relations but I could fax it. So firsly I’m given the wrong fax number so I had to phone back and got another lady who gave me the correct. Of course you can’t phone them. When I asked how long it would take for them to call me back or email, oh within 28 days and he wants to travel in eight days.

So what do we do? Book another flight with Bmibaby or Flybe and possibly kiss goodbye to £123.00? What an absolute rubbish airline, words fail me, if it was his fault he didn’t travel then I could understand it but the weather is no ones fault and customers should not have to endure this rubbish.

rupert_s
    Participant

Tell your credit card company to block the payment. Worth paying the extra £3 for that alone..

NTarrant
    Participant

Update, BMI Baby never contacted me with a booking for the dates required so a few days before booked another flight with BA via LGW. After 30 days of waiting, having been told I’d be contacted neither my staff member or I have been contacted.

Now put dispute in with credit card company and will wait and see.

DavidRenton
    Participant

I had a cancelled flight from BFS last year, it was blatantly obvious they used the aircraft to complete a Spanish route. I arrived at the ticket desk to receive a letter stating my flight had been cancelled and to write in for a refund! I asked for a taxi to BHD to pick up a more reliable Flybe and was told there were taxis outside – bmibaby would not fund the cost and I was on my own! It’s a shame airlines are so blinkered when there are a choice of airlines……

fluterphil
    Participant

I’ve just had an e mail to tell me that my flight in April is “suspended” and had to click a button to say I have read e mail. when I did this new message states thank you for accepting alternative flight!

I then contacted call centre to cancel but they cannot send e mail confirming cancellation so I have to wait to see my credit card statement after about 10 days to see if it has been credited

This is the first bother I’ve had with them over the years. how difficultis it just to get something in black and white to confirm?

Phileasfoggtmc
    Participant

I think you’ll find the whole of bmi is being downgraded to a poor mans Ryanair – good routes axed, staff disenchanted – just becoming a plaything for Lufthansa now

Cedric_Statherby
    Participant

Not even much of a plaything for Lufthansa, more of an “ignore-thing”.

I flew BMI this afternoon Amsterdam-LHR. For some reason the Lufthansa self-check-in desks at Schipol weren’t processing BMI bookings (not that they tell you this until you try). So I joined the check-in queue – bit frustrating as I only had hand luggage. 25 minutes later I am both checked in and resolved not to fly BMI again unless I have to.

NTarrant
    Participant

Well only eight months later but I have now received full credit for this flight. Thanks to Mark at BT if you did influence the refund.

I had the standard patronising letter from BMIBaby customer services and was told that they don’t take telephone calls because of the legal requirement to maintain written records!! I am going back to them to ask them what part of statute this is from and why does that not apply to BMI?

Moral of the story, never fly BMIBaby

sallychelt
    Participant

BMI Baby – customer services telephone number – the one they don’t want you to have –

Kerry Thacker
    Senior Customer Services Manager
    bmibaby

01509 686768

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

I am certain that they will now change this number with immediate effect……..

conair346
    Participant

maybe not, I’ve a few direct lines to BD/WW for bypassing Bangalore and they’ve not been changed in around 3 years since I’ve been using them. There’s only a small number of people using this site… though a large number of us probably are BD Group customers.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls