BMI Website issue of the day

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Anonymous

bmiAteMyHamster
    Participant

Just logged today to the website to see if my recent flight had credited. This is after last week when my missing miles finally caught up and credited. Still not able to check in for weeks now with anything other than an e-ticket number either.
    Today my whole profile is no longer there on login. There is no record of my Diamond Club account at all. The website is clearly logging me in and I land on the My Account page but can only see options shown to join Diamond Club or Company Rewards. Hmmm.

Anyone else having this problem please?

Potakas
    Participant

Mine is working properly, but let me ask you something.

I joined Diamond club in order to earn 9k miles from a return trip , there was an offer if you were flying until 30 june,

My trip was EDI-HER with two stopovers at LHR and ATH,. The dates were 11th of June and return at 15th of June, i have only got miles for the EDI-LHR segment, what timeline is possible according to your experience to have my miles credited?

Regards

Potakas

bmiAteMyHamster
    Participant

Hi Potakas, thanks for the info.

I take it the first part of your trip was bmi and the second and third legs on Aegean? All my flights are usually BD so afraid i’m the wrong person to ask on how long Star Alliance flights take to hit the accounts. Sorry.

Potakas
    Participant

Correct Only the edi-lhr-edi was operated from BMI but all the flight numbers had BD codes.

Thanks

BABenji
    Participant

The problems with DC website are notorious. Inparticular the one where you log in, you are faced with your account details, yet when you click to view your account in more detail, you are expected to log in again. I’ve never had an issue where my whole account vanished, however.

P.Sepsas, like you, I joined Diamond Club with the promise of 3000 instant status miles (instant blue plus membership back in those days). To this day, the 3000 miles have never been credited. As for BMI crediting you for flights taken…this is somewhat of a lottery.

Other Star members manage to credit them within a couple of days. BMI on the other hand, is a disaster. I flew LHR-AMM-LHR a couple of weeks ago. To date the AMM-LHR leg has been credited, but the outbound LHR-AMM hasn’t.

The DC scheme is fantastically generous and it will be a shame when we DC members lose this generosity to become part of Miles and More, but ultimately the miles only have value if they are credited to your account. My personal hope is that the transfer from one scheme to another will see this improve.

DC is a loyalty program, designed to reward and encourage customer loyalty, yet this is quite difficult when those offering the rewards struggle to make good on them. I’ve posted on this a couple of times and I’m sure I’m begining to sound like a broken record, but had these issues been fixed, I wouldn’t have the need to keep banging on about it.

Apologies bmiAteMyHamster, I have hijacked your post somewhat!

bmiAteMyHamster
    Participant

BABenji,
    No problem and yes, seen that many a time on the bmi site although they don’t have exclusive rights on that “feature”. The Hilton Honors website irritates in much the same way by constantly prompting for login.
    Ok, maybe my “new features” are related to Company Rewards moving over to Star Alliances Company Plus then. I requested the company account get transferred to SA Company Plus. Thinking about it, all my problems could probably be tied back time wise to the removal of the BMI company program from my profile. Now need to try and find someone in bmi who can resolve this! 😮 .

Grandholmrobbo
    Participant

Hallelujah! My wife is totally fed up with me moaning and screaming every time I log in, or try to log into the bmi Diamond Club site.
    I can’t even start to tell you of all the issues I’ve had over the past year or so? But one good thing came out of it – maybe I shouldn’t say this publicly – but I booked about 4 flights 3 or 4 months ago, only domestic, but they never deducted my miles. Do I feel guilty? A wee bit, but after all the problems I’ve had with this site I’d say I deserved a bit of a break.
    Good rewards programme, but also the most frustrating to use!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls