bmi: More Woes, Glasgow Under Threat of Closure

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

• yahoo1000
    Participant

Bmi are looking at loads new routes to fill all these slots they have to fill, when cancelling some of the domestics.
    In any industry why keep something that looses loads of money.
    Midhaul is the way forward and sharing flights with other star alliance carriers.
    Been told new routes for the summer.

skyguy79
    Participant

I fully believe that the day British Midland rebranded as bmi the problems started. Whereas British Midland had a solid and renown reputation for top quality inflight and ground services , an identity that was businesslike , many benefits for frequent fliers, bmi became like a flying bus service : funky modern colour scheme ,cheap fares,paid for catering and the dumbing down of Business Class. I say bring Back Diamond Euroclass and have two class configurations on shorthaul and domestic flights.

As for the potential closure of Heathrow-Glasgow, the airline’s first route, that would indeed be a sad day if it went ahead.

deftone
    Participant

BMI’s in-flight service is fine in my experience, staff polite etc., but their website, pre-flight booking travails and generally absent or dismal customer “service” department make one lose the will to live, or at least think twice about booking with them again.

Not sure why they’re wasting money on re-branding/logos etc when the customer service underlying the image is so abysmal

flyingformiles
    Participant

Confirmed today – route to be ‘suspended’ from the end of March 2011.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-12324693

Binman62
    Participant

It is no surprise that this has happened and frankly if my experience in early 2010 was typical then it has been a long time coming. The product was poor, the lounges more so and the on board product confused and erractic. Add in T1 and it was doomed.
    My one regret is that they provided BA with some price competition and now that that has gone BA will hike prices. Another bad day for the long suffering high fare paying travelling public in the UK.

yahoo1000
    Participant

Shame about Glasgow but 4 new routes. Bergen, Stavanger, Casablanca and Marrakesh starting in April.

Travellator
    Participant

I think the days of 2 airlines competing for the same domestic routes is over albeit it will increase the price by the one still in place.

Same situation at Belfast City – BMi Baby now head to head with Flybe on many routes Man and Bhx included.

JeffD
    Participant

It was the end of an era when bmi closed its LHR – GLA route. I have used this route many times and sadly had to use another carrier this week. I want to say a sad good bye the lounge staff, especially the ones who took such good care of me the night I was taken ill in the lounge. You will alll be missed by your loyal passengers.

VintageKrug
    Participant

I think my prediction that I have already flown my last bmi flight was accurate.

It’s still not clear that Diamond Club wil be sold along with the slots and rump of the airline, so it could go either way to M&M or BA. BA is certainly expressing more interest than I first thought, so it will be interesting to see what transpires.

As regards bmi miles, it’s certainly time to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_sY2rjxq6M

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls