bmi: Massive Security SNAFU, Login to Others’ Accounts

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)

• VintageKrug
    Participant

You are right to state you retain Blue Plus to the end of your membership year, but it carries no benefits above regular Blue status:

Q: I’m currently a Blue Plus member, what benefits do I still receive?

A: As an existing Blue Plus member you’ll continue to earn destinations and status miles and you’ll now receive the same benefits as a Blue member. View all Blue tier benefits

Q: How many membership status miles will I now need to move through the Diamond Club tiers?

A: As Blue Plus tier will no longer exist, although if you’re an existing Blue Plus member you’ll retain your status until the end of your membership year. This means that you’ll only have to earn 16,000 status miles to move from Blue to Silver rather than 3,000 from Blue to Blue Plus and a further 16,000 from Blue Plus to Silver.

Q: What will happen at the end of my Blue Plus membership year?

A: At the end of your membership year, if you’ve earned 16,000 membership status miles or more you’ll receive Silver membership status. If you earn less than 16,000 membership status miles you’ll continue to be a Blue member.

We have obtained the following response from Bmi regarding some of the queries above:

“The vast majority of those affected [by the login issues] were Gold and Silver members, who regularly login to manage their accounts and so were most affected by the problem, hence the decision to give them the bonus miles. Blue/Blue Plus members will not receive the bonus miles.

“Blue Plus is being removed as a tier due to the short-haul relaunch. The only difference in terms of member benefits between Blue and Blue Plus was complimentary catering which Blue Plus members received on short-haul mainline flights out of London Heathrow, which now isn’t the case due to the short-haul relaunch.”

Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls