bmi Investor Relations Update

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

wanula1
    Participant

Interesting up date from the Lufthansa / bmi Investor relations day last Monday.

Key points of interest to frequent flyers:

– Diamond club to be merged into M&M by / during 2011 (although bmi spokesperson subsequently stated that this is only one option?)

– reduction in frequencies for UK Domestic and RoI to free up slots and aircraft for Star partners

– bmi regional to focus on domestic links and greater links to LH hubs for connecting traffic

– during 2010 sold 21 slots at LHR (18 to LH & LX and 3 to BA)

BABenji
    Participant

One can only hope that by integrating DC into M&M will lead to greater efficiency in crediting BMI flights to the program. The impression from this website is that this is one of the greatest source of frustration with BMI/DC.

…although I would be interested to hear what the other options are. Quite intriguing.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Once again, my personal experiences with the bmi call centre have been good to excellent.

You really do HAVE to do your research prior to calling them – just asking for a LON-SYD rtn in First next week simply isn’t going to get any sort of result, but using sites like expertflyer.com you can come up with some innovative routings on many high demand routes which will get you where you want to go, and when you want to get there, at often remarkably short notice.

The demise of Diamond Club will be a sad day, but the writing has been on the wall for a while, and I am surprised it has taken this long, frankly.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls