Bmi goes ahead with Tripoli launch

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

• hemispheres
    Participant

What we’re witnessing is shameful of the British authorities.

It is a reflection of what has been like a cancerous growth for many years … the failure for anyone to be accountable. Total lack of care !

Potakas
    Participant

The first two Greek ships arrived at Crete, they were carrying 4600 Chinese,30 from Thayland,30 Greeks and 30 European citisents…

JohnnyFox
    Participant

Don’t quite understand why it’s not ‘safe’ to send the BMI scheduled flight but it is ‘safe’ to send a UK charter carrier to do the same work.

Also, 71 people on a chartered 757, with the FO sending its lackeys round the airport terminal to chase up extra passengers … not exactly matching supply to demand, would have been better to subsidise BMI to operate.

wingcommander
    Participant

I agree with Tom. This too will sound harsh – exactly the same thoughts crossed my mind the other night when I heard radio and TV reports from ex-pat Brits.

They will not all be the same and I do not want to generalise however many have done very nicely out in north Africa from oil / gas. Bleating about the poor response from the FCO will not sit well with many Brits funding these mercy flights.

VintageKrug
    Participant

I do think the government should have acted earlier to co-ordinate with private firms to get people back, but at the same time, why should my taxes pay for costly rescue missions for people who choose to stay in a risky area well after it is more than clear that unrest is imminent.

We should not abandon Britons abroad, but similarly I don’t see why some effort shouldn’t be made to recover a nominal cost from those individuals/companies who remained there longer than was advisable.

Phileasfoggtmc
    Participant

part of their strategy – know someone quite senior and it all about chasing the lucrative routes, and pulling at short notice if necessary – low cost carrier model on a different scale, and utilising the LH’s yield management systems to analyse the market and opportunity as effectively as possible

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls