bmi: Double DC Miles and CR Points on New Berlin & Vienna Routes

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

continentalclub
    Participant

From an email just received:

http://bit.ly/bxOTu8

As a valued customer of bmi we want you to be one of the first to know about two new services from London Heathrow to Berlin Tegel and Vienna, commencing on 28 March 2010.

For business and leisure, Berlin is a major centre of culture, politics, media and science in Europe and boasts many attractions from exciting nightlife to the iconic sights of the Brandenburg Gate and the path of the former Berlin Wall. The four daily flights to Berlin Tegel will offer the choice of a two cabin service operated on an Airbus 319 aircraft.

With our new daily services to Vienna, the historic capital of Austria, you can mix business with pleasure and enjoy the history and cultural attractions this wonderful city has to offer. This route will be operated using an Airbus A320 aircraft in conjunction with Austrian Airlines, also part of Star Alliance, to offer five daily flights with a two cabin service.

To celebrate the launch of these new routes, you’ll earn double destinations miles with Diamond Club and double points with Company Rewards on all bmi operated flights to and from Berlin and Vienna until 31 May 2010.

FlightDoctor
    Participant

This follows a recent offer to Diamond Club members to pick either double status miles or double status miles during April. I also see that BMI are widely distributing cards in their lounges and on flights offering Diamond Club status match with ANY Silver or Gold card from any other carrier. All that’s needed is to show the relevant competitor card to a member of staff and they will authorise it.

It’s a little bit frustrating that I’ve tried to fly regularly with BMI this last year to ensure I renew my DC Gold card (even though I have BAEC Gold as well and arguably the service is better) …and now they’re just handing them out like smarties! I guess that’s the way to buy loyalty, especially from BA passengers fed up with the recent disruption…

continentalclub
    Participant

This promotion appears to have been resurrected and, once again, double Diamond Club miles are being offered on the Berlin and Vienna routes, until 30 November this time:

http://bit.ly/cevrYf

Fly between London Heathrow and Berlin or Vienna before 30 November 2010, and receive double Diamond Club destinations miles plus double status miles.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls