bmi Diamond Club: 31 March Deadline for Star Redemptions?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 75 total)

• VintageKrug
    Participant

Really? I called yesterday mid-morning and was through to a UK person within five minutes.

Keep trying – they’re busy but answer eventually.

Remember there’s no indication that earn/redeeming on non Lufthansa group has stopped.

monstertravels
    Participant

Hi Vintage Krug..I can only call in the evening which is probably part of the problem. I’m also a lowly Blue member but with a huge sum of points (350k+) – I want to use them for Virgin flights to the states and Qatar to Middle East. Do you think I’ll still be able to redeem them post tomorrow?

RichHI1
    Participant

The number to call from US is 01332 648181, that may answer quicker?

From America the number you need to dial is actually 010 44 1332 648181

monstertravels
    Participant

I live in the UK and want to GET to the states..I shouldn’t need to call a US number for this

VintageKrug
    Participant

Yes, you’ll still be able to redeem on those carriers after tomorrow.

The 01322 number is the best one to call.

Use the link below to research availability before you call; it speeds things up considerably:

http://beta.awardtravelr.com/?refer=true

Do try and call in the morning; it’s always much less busy then, and the agents are less frazzled.

RichHI1
    Participant

I gave you the UK number that you dial from the US. Sometimes numbers of overseas callers are answered quicker. And it appears from other poster this is the best number.

Why-use-a-silly-name? as the poster is in the UK I gave them the dialing code from the UK. You are correct in your statement dialing from the US as 010 is the international dialing code and 44 for the United Kingdom. (as you rightly observe you remove the 0 which is only required in UK).

Business Traveller has been sent a copy of the communication being sent out to Diamond Club members today, with more details on what existing members will be offered within BA’s Executive Club scheme:

http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/diamond-club-and-avios-the-details

TerryMcManus24
    Participant

….First Glasgow to Heathrow Dimaond Service flight in 1990

actually thought it was earlier than that however just by co-incidence I was on the first day flight and remember or arrival at Heathrow was given a “wee box”with a BM engraved glass,cake/biscuits (memory going/gone)and a small bottle of whisky…to remember us by….and a handshake from Michael Bishop…what a lad..

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

IIRC Diamond Service was around from about 1987. It was in 1993 that it was scrapped when they introduced C across the network and it certainly lasted more than three years.

KeaneJohn
    Participant

Well I personally am very happy for the 1-1 DC Miles to Avios switch and status match with BA. Couldn’t have had a better outcome really. I wonder how many people that had hundreds of thousands of miles and redeemed them all are kicking themselves.

Course the proof of the pudding will be how easy it is to redeem things now.

TominScotland
    Participant

Hi all

Just received my Status Match instructions to receive BA Executive Club Gold in exchange for my Diamond Club Gold membership – see below. Its easy to complete and done in a few seconds. What is not clear is when/ whether miles accumulated in the two schemes will be merged into the new BA account.

Dear xxxxx

As part of the transition of bmi into British Airways, from today (1 May 2012), British Airways is inviting you, as a Diamond Club member, to also join the Executive Club at your equivalent tier status level, which will be in addition to your Diamond Club membership.

All you need to do is complete the online tier match form by providing us with your Executive Club membership number and your Diamond Club membership number and tier. To complete the online tier match form please visit http://www.ba.com/diamondclub

Diamond Club Star Alliance benefits:

We would like to take the opportunity to remind you that your existing Diamond Club membership continues to offer you the following Star Alliance benefits associated with your membership tier level until 31 May 2012.

You will continue to earn membership status miles and earn and spend destinations miles on bmi and Star Alliance carriers (excluding Lufthansa Group airlines) until 31 May 2012

For all Star Alliance carriers you will also be able to take advantage of your bmi and Star Alliance status benefits, including lounge access, priority check-in and priority boarding until 31 May 2012

From 1 June 2012 any benefits associated with your tier membership and the ability to earn status miles and earn and spend destinations miles on Star Alliance airlines will end

Star Alliance award bookings made before 31 May 2012 will be honoured
    For further information including changes to award bookings, retrospective claims and award flight bookings please visit flybmi.com

Business remains as usual for Diamond Club, therefore all other benefits remain unchanged. This includes any benefits associated with the bmi Credit Card Account from MBNA.

We look forward to welcoming you onboard again soon.

Regards

Keeley Downing
    Diamond Club Manager

goalie11
    Participant

Tom

I think the 1st May was for the status match to take effect. The 3rd July is the date they have said they will have an online tool developed to make the 1:1 miles to Avios transfers.

VintageKrug
    Participant

…but it should be noted you only have 30 days remaining to make redemption bookings on non-Lufty Star partners.

flennerz
    Participant

I may have missed this in the various emails from Keeley (!) but can we still redeem miles for BMI flights in the interim? Or is all mile redemption for all flights effectively suspended until the 3rd July?

Like I say, apologies if I’ve missed this detail…

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 75 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls