BMI Credit Card fees

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Anonymous

frustratedflyer
    Participant

I have booked flights with a number of airlines online and credit card fees are becoming more common. I think it is about £4.00 on BA per ticket but on booking a recent short haul flight with BMI was amazed at a credit card fee of over £12! This seems rather step when compared with others and is certainly more than the card company charges BMI

flyingformiles
    Participant

RyanAir have very high fees. I think easyJet are around £4/£5 but £2ish if paying with maestro.

VintageKrug
    Participant

bmi allows holders of their bmi mastercard fee-free flight booking.

Luxtraveller
    Participant

It’s strongly rumoured that Ryanair will start charging to use on-board toilets in Jan 2009, so keep your credit card in your top trouser pocket.

Waddsey1
    Participant

BA charges £4.00 (even for its own AMEX) but if you want to avoid charges try Lufthansa – no booking charges at all….. (and yet they own BMI)….such is the way of UK airlines and their charges….

alunrobert
    Participant

Hello,

I have recently bought purchased nine tickets together for a return flight from Manchester to Newquay and was frankly shocked by the rip off tactics of BMI Baby.

They charge me £63 for a one off credit card payment, yes you have read this correctly £63!!! This has got to be the most expensive fee going.

At the end of the day it is an electronic payment and is automatic so there is no need to charge these rip off amounts.

I have filled in a customer complaint form to BMI Baby but so far haven’t received a reply.

Can anyone reccomend who I can make an offical complaint to? I have completed a quick search on the gov website and it is very unclear

TerryMcManus24
    Participant

No More …Got a letter some time ago saying that they are now charging standard card fees even on their own Amex-MBNA transactions….another RIP OFF …..card now in the bin filing cabinet and BMI…NO MORE .

Also still cant trace our 20,000 air miles and thats after 6 months.
    They appear to have got lost…same as BMI…

Michael come back please…

fluterphil
    Participant

I had to book a flight for 5 colleagues recently a return from..Belfast to Heathrow and they charged me £4 per person in credit card fees! So not a fee per booking but per passenger. Big change from when using BMI credit card was free!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls