BMI being taken over by Lufthansa

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

It is official according to the BBC news website. At least we will not have to pay for a grotty sandwich any more.

My main concern is my 820k BD miles; how will these transfer to ‘Miles & More’?

Gin&Tonic
    Participant

Would this include BMIBaby or is that a seperate entity?

viking01
    Participant

Well the first thing is redeem your miles as quickly as possible, because Diamond Club is in its final months. Lufthansa may be in a powerful position compared to other airlines and so can consolidate, but it isn’t going to run two Frequent flyer programmes for the fun of it. They will merge the two lists, de-dupe them (for those of us members of both programmes) and then we’ll all find out what we end up with. Meanwhile, for fans of the bmi credit card, it’s time to aply for this one:
    https://wwwa.applyonlinenow.com/UKCCapp/Ctl/entry?sc=8mmamexgs_ost&mc=SME-AP-11111-15716
    that earns Miles and More points.

bonnarto
    Participant

Well something was going to happen but I was hoping it would be Virgin and not Lufhansa which is much more of a “machine” than bmi. Also Diamond Club is a far more flyer friendly particularly for gold members….unlike Miles and More which seems to make acheiving Senator status and spending miles “expensive”. Anyway…..

AussieM
    Participant

It would be pretty impossible to redeeem the miles with BMI as it stands, with the “UN-written policy” of stating “No seats available”, to any Airline, Any Route, & Any time!!!

Atrocious “Diamond Club Service” from call centre in India, it cant get worse. Better to re-establish a membership with another Star. All Airline.

I am using all miles possible, & this was prior to this predictable sale, due to the rotten service & possibility to redeem miles.

For sure the part miles/cash wont be allowed with LH, so those who have smaller amounts would be better to do yr very best to redeem them.

MalcolmFlanagan
    Participant

Sign of the times with I predict more to come

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls