Blue Islands BAe Jetstream 32EP Economy

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

NTarrant
    Participant

Check in on line is rather around the houses in comparison to other airlines however one gets there in the end.

Arriving at SOU for my 0945 flight to JER there were no delays and the flight was called on time. A bus transfer to the aircraft was required. The aircraft is quite small with a 1-2 configeration. There is no room for hand luggage in the cabin and bags have to be placed in the compartment at the entrance which is at the rear.

Safetly demonstration was given by the First Officer. Afterwards she took to her seat and off we went. There is no door to the cockpit and those sat in rows 1 and 2 get a good view of the controls and a fair view out of the pilots window.

Arrival in JER was bang on time.

On my return journey, I had checked in on line and printed my own pass. Through securtity and the display screens show “lounge open at gate 7”. Blue Islands has its own lounge which is essentially a former gate waiting area which has been kitted out with refreshment area and fridges. All passengers are entitled to use the lounge and boarding passes show the key pad number should the door be closed. Hot drinks and soft drinks available along with a selection of biscuits.

Flight was called to depart from gate 8, the girl was a little perfuctory and sulky but the First Officer was quite bubbly. She gave the safety demo and asked if there were any questions to which a passenger asked when she was coming around with the tea. All a good laugh.

Flight left on time and arrival at SOU was also bang on time.

Flight was quite comfortable given the size of aircraft. It is a little noisey in comparison with say a Q400.

I have used Blue Island on and off over the years, they are no more or less reliable than Flybe. Price wise they can either be cheaper or dearer than Flybe. Flight times don’t clash with Flybe so it is relatively easy to mix and match with flight times that suit. Blue Islands don’t give refunds but you can change flights for free, no credit card or baggage fees.

All in all not a bad little airline.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls