BKK lounge

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• nmtraveller
    Participant

Hi,
    I will be flying from BKK with Finnair in J (no OW status). My flight is late in the evening (11.45pm) and I understand the CX lounge closes at 6pm.
    Is there any other option you would recommend?

garrison76
    Participant

Hi nmtraveller. I was there last weekend and faced with the same problem. We got 25 mins in the CX lounge, and then moved on to the JAL Sakura Lounge. It’s a bit bright and austere, and the furniture is laid out in a very regimented fashion. But we thought it was comfortable and were very impressed with the F&B selection. It was also pretty much empty! Definitely worth a visit I would say.

traveldoc1
    Participant

The lounge which Finnair uses for Business customers is OK – quite comfortable, decent wifi and usually very close to departure gate.

traveldoc1
    Participant

PS – be aware that the Finnair evening departure (AY144) has been advanced to 2305. I’m travelling that route on 12 Dec!!

nmtraveller
    Participant

Thanks for the replies. I had noted the wrong departure time – thanks for pointing it out!

Does any of these two lounges have showers?

donkeyasia
    Participant

YES the CX lounge has a shower room.

ASEAN Traveller
    Participant

Slightly off topic, but I have discovered a great lounge alternative for *A passengers. Typically I use the TG lounges, which I find to be dark, often crowded, with limited power points, slow wifi and frankly a bit depressing. Two days ago I flew Eva Air out of BKK (what an amazing airline BTW!!) and used their own lounge (located close to F gates), which I would put almost on a par with the CX lounge at the G gates. Wide range of food offering, fast wifi, views over the tarmac, showers and spotless toilets. The lounge attendant confirmed that it is accessible by all *A Gold and F/J passengers.
    Safe travels!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls