Bit of a hissy fit?

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 61 through 62 (of 62 total)

• PatJordan
    Participant

Hi Simon.

I am the poster who described this thread as “the most vitriolic” I have ever seen on this forum.

That was before all the subsequent postings which make the expression “hissy fit” a masterpiece of understatement.

Long may this forum provide advice, constructive crisicism and disussion between mature adults. Not forgetting the occasional (and very welcome) witty interludes.

This is what the BT forum is about, not vilification of those whose opinions (and most here are based on solid experience) some individuals don’t approve of.

If this makes me a boring old git, so be it.

I, for one, value the comments of Simon Rowberry et al.

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Potakas, Jonathan and PJ,

Thanks. I don’t enjoy disliking an airline or any other organisation or entity. I get no pleasure from it at all. This Forum is, as PJ states, a valuable resource for sharing experience. When I do not have the experience, or do not use a particular product, I do not get involved in the debate, as I have nothing positive to offer. For example, I rarely use BA (primarily because they no longer serve my home airport) so I did not enter the debate on recent issues there.

However, when I have positive experiences, I seek to share those to (viz various positive comments I’ve made about Croatia Airlines, Swiss, Finnair and many others). The same equally applies to negative experiences of which, probably by luck rather than judgment, there have been comparatively few in proportional terms.

You are all indeed right about the fact that there is no need for personal abuse on this Forum. I fully agree and (I hope) I have only responded when others have hurled it at me. I would close by mentioning that Mr Kuhlmans started this thread and “called out” (to use an Americanism) both myself and Hess, in a specific and personal way. Neither Hess nor I have ever started a thread in respect of TK, as I’ve said before. This goes somewhat counter to the theory that Mr Kuhlmans seems to have that Hess and/or I have an unwarranted vendetta against TK. If we had, we would have started threads, not merely added our views to others’ postings.

Mr Kuhlmans claims to have worked for Swissair. A late lamented airline which I always found excellent. It seems sad that he now stoops so low as to make snide personal attacks against those who deign to make perfectly reasonable and substantiated negative comments about an airline to which he clearly has (for whatever reason) a loyalty. I respect his loyalty. Equally, he must respect that I have the opposite feelings. However, as long as he exercises the right to promote his positive views, I and others (including Hess) have the equal right to make a counter response.

As I said earlier, to paraphrase a certain B.Fawlty Esq, Hotelier (retired) of Torquay, Devon, UK:

“You started it, Mr K.”

Regards and safe travels to all (even – or, perhaps, especially – those venturing on TK)

Simon

Viewing 2 posts - 61 through 62 (of 62 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls