Bit of a hissy fit?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 62 total)

• uskuhlmans
    Participant

I am reassured to see that the cadre of Turkish detractors remains ever vigilant to disparage the carrier at a moment’s notice. Not are they willing to rehash past perceived wrongs but they stand at the ready to dismiss out of hand any efforts on the carrier’s part to change.

Good work guys. Stay on it.

SimonRowberry
    Participant

I hear what you say uskuhlmans, but there are a very large number of us, aren’t there? Hmmmm……must say something about the TK product.

Indeed, there are very few defenders of TK on here. Only those who have an interest in TK, nicht wahr? 😉

And I look forward to continuing to avoid you at cocktail parties.

Simon

uskuhlmans
    Participant

Actually, there are less than a dozen and you continue to feed off of each others negativity. If TK were as unacceptable as you all portray, they would not continue to grow nor would they attract any passengers for fear of death or mistreatment. Neither of these is true and if we are looking for a minority opinion, look no further.

SimonRowberry
    Participant

I respect your views but a dozen is quite a lot. Certainly compared tonhow few TK supporters there are.

Let’s get one thing clear. My feelings re TK are rooted in experience, NOT blind prejudice. That also appears to be the stance of thd “other eleven.” I will always keep an open mind. However, show me other true supporters of TK. They are the only airline I will categorically NEVER fly again (and I even include Ryanair in that assessment). I want to live a few years longer.

Open your eyes, Mr Kuhlmans. I am prepared to. But the evidence suggests that a cabin makeover and rebranding is window dressing. Meeting ICAO requirements should be a starting point. After all, Windscale was rebranded as Sellafield and it’s no less lethal.

Simon

uskuhlmans
    Participant

Of course, given the definitive nature of your personal experience and that of 11 others who have gathered to reinforce each other’s views, how can I ever hope to prevail?

Perhaps this certitude of view would assist in other knotty problems; perhaps the status of Jerusalem or Iran’s nuclear ambitions?

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Given that you’ve just posted probably the most pathetic and, in may ways, the most offensive posting this Forum has ever seen, I suggest that you may have lost any last vetsige of credibility that you may ever have had. And you certainly have done nothing at all to promote TK’s image in the process. Congratulations.

I need say no more.

uskuhlmans
    Participant

Wow. All that and I wasn’t even trying. Thanks!

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Congratultions indeed, Mr Kuhlmans. Hope I’m not around when you’re trying. An interesting observation is that a poster described this as the most vitriolic and nasty thread ever (to paraphrase). To me it seems like TK’s supporters feel free to base their responses to criticism in the same way that TK’s staff do.

As an aside. This week I received a model plane and note of apology from Ranko Ilic at Croatia Airlines. Reason? I’d posted on here that my points were late in arriving. Great customer care. A small gesture that cost little but meant a lot. OU. Everything that TK are not in terms of philosophy and never will be, rebranding or not. You can’t change what you are simply by changing your brand. It needs a cultural and philosphical change. And angry trolls posting on here detract from any chance that process has of success. Mr Kuhlmans has killed any chance there may have been of me trying TK again and giving it the benefit of the doubt. As I said above, congratulations and, as you say, you weren’t even trying!

Binman62
    Participant

DisgustedofSwieqi…..Korean had fantastic interiors and service in the 1990s…………….sorry but was this in a parallel universe. I had the misfortune of using KE in the 90’s, particularly the early 90’s along with OZ. Shocking safety records both and some of the most terrifying flights I have ever experienced. The cabins were dull the food was good and the female crew very accommodating. None-the-less they had to be avoided then and frankly since.

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

Binman

I think you my have missed the irony 😉

They stuffed a 747 into the largest hole in the ground I’ve seen for a long time, about 5km from my residence.

uskuhlmans
    Participant

You truly are fun to challenge. The righteous indignation and insistence that your experience defines the whole is always a trip. And for yet another time, I have no particular ties with or allegiance to Turkish. My original involvement was due to the fact that the negatives posted on this forum were completely at odds with my personal experience–again not a definitive measure. No more, no less.

In return I have seen a set of reactions that would infer I had challenged the Doctrine of the Trinity. Are you this excitable all the time?

SimonRowberry
    Participant

“You truly are no fun to challenge.” Self admittance that you’re a troll. Thanks for your honesty.

“Are you this excitable all the time?” No only when I’m dealing with facile trolls.

Go away and get a life. Oh, and if you want a life, don’t fly TK.

😉 and V as well.

Potakas
    Participant

Simon, very nice treatment from Croatia Airlines. I think this is what exactly we want.

I still remember your comments about TK when you tried to explain your concerns about their safety:

”By the way, it was the staff in the CIP Lounge who were the problem: immediately aggressive and defensive, then said they would ignore me if I continued to complain ”.

I think those things are just making are choices easier..

Regards,

Potakas

P.S. uskuhlmans you must consider that everyone here expressed his/her opinion based on facts and not because of the skytrax ranking (which you actually buy it), btw Garuda Indonesia is also ranked as a 4 star airline and was banned for many years from EU.

Potakas
    Participant

”Go away and get a life. Oh, and if you want a life, don’t fly TK.”

You rock Simon !!!!

JonathanCohen09
    Participant

Hello everyone,

Uskuhlmans, I am not sure why you feel the need to keep attacking Simon and some others the way that you do?

You are entitled to your views on TK, you had a good experience, i am very pleased for you. Simon on the other hand had a bad experience and has decided that he will never fly with them again. I am sorry he had a bad experience. both of you had different experiences on the same airline and you are both free to express your opinion of those experiences.

Why do you attack Simon for bringing his poor experience to our attention, that after all is one of the key purposes of this forum. I am particularly keen to know about airlines that do not adhere to the highest possible safety standards AT ALL TIMES.

I know Simon personally and we have become friends, as we have with other posters through this forum and our get togethers. simon and I have had some robust disagreements on the forum but without resorting to the kind of personal attacks that you have been making.

you are a supporter of a certain airline, Simon is not, so what. Please eiher play the ball and not the man (as has been said many times before) or do not bother contributing!!

If you can avoid the personal attacks then your useful contributions will be as well received as those of any other poster.

Safe travels everyone,

Jonathan

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 62 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls