BHX-MUC-BKK Lufthansa

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• BPP
    Participant

Due to logistic and cost considerations I have recently had the misfortune to fly BHX-MUC-BKK with Lufthansa in ‘J’. I have travelled now in Business Class for nearly 30yrs and this is without a doubt the worst experience ever.
    Boarding at BHX (for a full aircraft) was called by Group numbers, but tottaly ignored or monitored resulting in a wild rush down the ‘tube’, a crush at the aircraft door and a lot of the space in the small Business Class section overhead lockers used by Economy passengers who knew that there would not be space further back.
    After take-off were were told that the wrong food trolleys had been loaded and the Meal for ‘J’ had not been loaded so it was crisps or a sticky piece of cake!
    Arriving in Munich, eventually after a short train ride found the Lufthansa lounge and something to eat – then told that lounge would be closing well before our departure time.
    Got to the gate boarded on time then sat there for 2 hrs whilst enginers attempted to fix a faulty hydraulics sensor.
    The seat on this A350-900 has to be the worst ever. The padding was shot so like sitting on a board and the thin mattress did nothing. The seat controls were on the top of the armrest just where your hand rests so any movement around that area commanded one or other seat motions.
    The table was accessed by first clearing the armrest of any bits and pieces, raising the lid and then unlocking and lifting the table upwards and over the seat. The whole contraption requires significant effort to move. Re-stowing the table was equally difficult.
    Any reclining of the seat resulted in large gaps at the side of the seat so that anything left on the armrest immediately disappeard.
    By the time we eventually departed it was well into the early hours. I did try the food offered just to pass the time but it all came together. A cold starter of prawns and scallops so chilled as to be completely tasteless followed by something that resembled a KFC which had gone cold by the time I got to it.
    During the flight I noted at least 4 calls to cabin staff to partially dismantle the seat to retrieve lost books, glasses whatever.
    Trying to sleep was near impossible as in addition the ‘hole’ to take ones feet in the ‘flat-bed’ position was nowhere near big enough. Sleep shirts were offered but no pants!
    Breakfast was equally dismal. I had just coffee and a bun.
    The biggest problem was the lack of toilets, just two for the whole cabin resulting in big queues. This is inexcusable, I twice walked through into economy to ‘use the facilities’.
    The return A350 flight was little better although the seat had been re-padded and at least Breakfast offered some thing suitable.
    The return transit in Munich resulted in a security scan. I realise it was 5am but the attitude of the staff was agressive to the point of ofensive. My wife who was accompanying me carries time critical medication on her person with a prominent ‘Medic-Alert’ bracelet to identify this. She was told very rudely to empty her pockets – no please or even ‘Bitte’ – and the medication was temporarily confiscated.
    Clearing security the only lounge open was a train ride away in a different part of the site!
    We did eventually get back to BHX.
    I know I have been spoiled by the likes, of Qatar, Emirates even EVA and BA. but

NEVER EVER WILL I FLY LUFTHANSA AGAIN.

BPP

4 users thanked author for this post.

BackOfThePlane
    Participant

“Spoiled by the likes of…..BA”. Crikey…..

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls