Beware of AA.co.uk website booking “error”

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

SwissExPat
    Participant

I just nearly had an expensive mistake with a booking on American Airlines.co.uk website.

I booked a single journey in the USA which had 2 sectors. The Y fare was £140 per person and the business fare was £229 per person.
    There were many timing options for the total journey and al the fares were a similar price. I booked 2 PAX on the business fare and progressed through the booking.

Just as I was about to pay with a Card, I noticed the final total was double i.e. excess £1,000. I placed the booking on 24 hour hold (a good facility!) rather than paying and obtained a booking reference number.

I repeated the booking for both the economy fare and the Business fare and the Economy final price was correct (£280 for 2 PAX) but the business final price was 2*2*£229. I took screen prints throughout the process.

I called AA with the anomaly and they checked by doing a dummy internet based booking.

They replicated the “error” and the person there took all my details and will contact me tomorrow.

Just as well I checked the final price before committing to the transaction. I am sure I would be laughed out of the shop if I came back and said “the price was lower at the initial stage of the booking”

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls