Better than travelling first class…A pure stroke of luck

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

• Anonymous

dodger10
    Participant

This story would only happen once in a blue moon.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-3418876/Alex-Simon-passenger-board-Philippine-Airlines-flight.html?ito=social-facebook

Really strange that a flight to a place like Boracay was empty!!!

AMcWhirter
    Participant

It happened to me too in the very early days of LCY. I was the sole passenger on a Brymon Dash-8 operating the 0900hrs LCY-CDG flight.

At that time all the LCY flights were one-class and operated by two airlines: Brymon and Eurocity.

Schaible
    Participant

On a domestic flight in Myanmar (at that time they still called themselves Myanma Airways) something similar happened to me in 2014. I took a very very early morning flight out of Yangon and was surprised they announced a delay due to aircraft change. Later I found out that they replaced the scheduled ATR42 with a Beechcraft 1900D. And we were only two passengers on board, the other one being a local police chief, probably non-revenue. I guess most European airlines might have cancelled the flight and would have put us on the next one.

In First Class I found myself alone for a couple of times. I recall an Emirates 777 flight from Colombo to Dubai where I had 3 flight attendants for myself.

On a KLM 747 flight from Beijing to Amsterdam I shared the business class cabin on the upper deck only with 2 others.

Tallinnman
    Participant

Flew Dublin to New York on a B757 with United with my family and we were the only passengers in Business. Still didn’t get first choice for lunch ๐Ÿ™‚ Did have the ‘private’ feel to it.

GrahamC
    Participant

Flew Gatwick to Orlando on a 747 with Virgin. The Mrs, a thoroughly nice fellow passenger, and myself partied across the Atlantic with Upper Class to ourselves.

It was made all the more memorable as it was the first time my other half had flown business. Three of us propped up the bar in our Ninja Suits while working through the bubbly.

Sadly no other flight has ever lived up to that experience.

esselle
    Participant

Only passenger in F on EK and EY on one occasion each. A bit odd; EY was great as it was MEL-AUH so brilliant service then 9 hours of peaceful sleep. EK was DXB-BKK on a daytime flight which ended early evening with nothing to do but get to the hotel and go to bed, so the wine list was given quite a workout………

PeterCoultas
    Participant

horribly jealous – empty flight is one thing but a trip to the dive sites in Boracay is another

RoloSchmidt
    Participant

I was once the only F/CL pax on a LH 747-400 from FRA to MEX when LH had 2 747ยจs flying the same route with 1 hour difference. Being the only pax in the upper deck was quite a nice experience. Service was really personal ๐Ÿ™‚

lloydah
    Participant

Frankfurt to Boston August 14. Top deck of LH 744 – seat + bed, Mrs L and myself alone, apart form the cabin crew who couldn’t do enough for us.

AsiaPacific
    Participant

One memorable flight many years ago was on Thai in F . From LHR to BKK . Only pax and being a regular and knowing many staff , was treated to a shoulder and neck massage ,,, made the trip even more pleasant .

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

When SR was just about to go belly up and they were offering pretty much giveaway tickets LHR-GVA-LHR, my brother and I were two of only four pax onboard one outbound flight. We spent the flight commiserating with and consoling the crew. I don’t recall whether we ran out of paper tissues.

AsiaFrequentFlyer
    Participant

Only passenger in AF First Shanghai to Paris a few years ago. Service and food amazing (which says a lot for AF a few years ago). I was looked after by the lovely Nadia who decided the easiest way to man the bar was to open up all the bottles with the champagne and whites nicely placed in iced buckets and for me to just help myself. Would have been more fun if the lovely Nadia was able to help herself to a glass or two also.

dodger10
    Participant

I have taken a flight from London to Moscow (747-4) on BA on Prem Eco, and there were only 3 passengers. But didn’t get any extra attention. Maybe because it was PE.

There was virtually no one in business and was told I could move there just before we landed,as there was a short connection time to the next flight. This is so that I can be first out of the door.

BRin1406
    Participant

On the day the first Gulf War started I travelled on AA from Auckland to Dallas and was the only passenger in Business Class. There were a total of 10 passengers on the aircraft. Americans cancelled their travel plans in droves.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls