Best Turkish airlines new lounges at new istanbul airport

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• rrakpo
    Participant

I am back flying with Turkish airlines again after change due to work, So it is my first time at the new Istanbul airport, I noticed that there is 2 different lounges (business Lounge and Miles&Smiles lounge). I am traveling business class and have gold status with Turkish, so I can access both.

So has anyone been to them? and what is the difference? and what is the best?

superchris
    Participant

I was in economy with a Goldcard so only had access to the Star Alliance gold lounge. Welcome was poor (much tutting that I should dare bring a guest). It was very good but the size of the airport made it a 25 minute walk from the gate. The airport is lovely but the size of it is insane. I suspect many people wont have time to visit any lounges regardless of status or class.

1 user thanked author for this post.

rhillson1
    Participant

I’m the same as you, Business Class traveller with TK Elite Plus standing. I’ve tried both of the TK lounges at the new airport and they seem to be pretty much the same. However I suspect that the Business Class lounge will be the one to go for as in theory it should be less crowded than the Star Alliance Gold lounge according to the TK people that I spoke to about this subject.

nathandev
    Participant

No PP lounge at IST only saw online. There are pay-for-use lounges at the new airport, though the IGA one seems to be the only one open as of now.

maxgeorge
    Participant

The Business Lounge, as opposed to the Miles&Smiles Lounge, is less crowded, and laid out slightly differently. Business passengers only, no Star Gold/Elite card access, no guests.

Both lounges offer good showers to all, unlike at the old airport.

Note! If you’re taking the airport bus out, make sure you’re on the ‘HavasIST’ bus, otherwise you’ll end up at SAW, miles away on the Asian side. Signage at the stops and on the buses is not clear. There is no rail link yet.

sk
    Participant

Totally agree….neither are the signs well marked..

TerryMcManus24
    Participant

IAG now accepts PP…with thanks omat…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls