Best time to book a flight

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

Markuk2003
    Participant

Hi, I need some advice about booking a tlight to the US. I am going from Manchester to Washington and then comming back from New York at the end of October. I looked about during the winter sales and the best price was about £600 with CO. Should I book now or wait for the Summer sale? Any tips on getting agood price?

Thanks Mark

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Hey Mark, BA have just finished there winter sale, but will certainly have another sale well before then. Need to be careful in Oct as school have term begins from about the 20-26th onwards. On the return leg are you going to LHR or back to MAN also i take it you are flying in economy in all sectors? xx

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Also might be worth flying in and out of philadelphia instead and getting a train/bus internaly to washington/nyc as its about halfway from both points. US airways fly direct from MAN to. xx

craigwatson
    Participant

Thats a strange routing Becky, as he can fly direct with CO from MAN to IAD and EWR direct back to MAN, so why he would want to go via PHL and transit on bus/train im not sure.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

True but still an option. Mark i had a look on BA.com for flights in early October staying a week on your original route and it worked out at the moment at around £640 on a non flexi, this is a better option for you if you ask me xx

craigwatson
    Participant

just had a look on CO random dates, but was coming out at £639 direct each way, so a much better option. And I love BA but not going to pay more for indirect option

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls