Best Priority Pass Lounge?

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Anonymous

VintageKrug
    Participant

I have been a member of the http://www.prioritypass.com lounge scheme for a number of years now.

I have found it very useful in more remote airports where either the incumbent carrier’s offering is poor, when flying an Low Cost Carrier (LCC), or (as is often the case in the US) a First or Business Class ticket does not automatically gain entrance to the lounge.

Does anyone else recommend this scheme and have a favourite amongst the 600 lounges offered?

CMoir12
    Participant

VintageKrug

I recommend it. As you say it is good when travelling on LCCs. My favourite lounge is No1 at Gatwick South. It is one of the few PP lounges with waiter service and hot/cold food served.

starflyer
    Participant

I have used Priority Pass for a number of years as a handy back up for non alliance flights (e.g. EI out of DUB, though I would not put the DUB lounge up as a great example). I enjoyed the Continental lounge at EWR.

GerryHodes
    Participant

I’ve been using Priority Pass for several years now. They are improving, but don’t compare to first rank airline lounges. They’re all a bit cramped and the food is snack standard, although beverages are as good as elsewhere. Membership, for me, is a side benefit of the Amex Platinum card and is free, but taking a fellow traveller in costs £15. Platinum companion cards are entitled to their own, however, so wives are free, but, as always, girlfriends are an added expense.

mcp_fulham
    Participant

Definitely worth it if you fly low cost or do not have an airline card (or indeed use several airlines) Some of the best lounges are heathrow T4 holideck, access to virgin lounges in Australia, AAs Red Admiral Club lounges etc. However there are some instances where you are better off in a coffee shop, as pointed out some of the lounges are cramped and full – especially US regional airports. unfortunately no PP lounge at T5.

PamPamKaur
    Participant

I have used priority Pass for several years, i am a frequent flyer, the best lounges are in HK International Airport, the one near to Gate 35 I used to go there very often but but but there was a new lounge which is near to gate No 1 ( The Travelers’ Lounge ) wow its just amazing, the design and hot food was really god choices of drinks. But one thing I was shocked wow they also have noodle bar now which they only serve delicious Fish ball noodles traditional HK dish.

Proirty Pass holders must have to go and try the new lounge .

Rabbz_Staralliance
    Participant

I’d have experience as a child traveling with my Dad which he own a piority pass, and now I still stick to the deal becuase of how the lounges are @ BKK (4 lounges) which spread the amount of passenger not like the Thai/Star Alliance lounge in which the food is lousy and it is always overfull (they also have four but one of them is dedicated for only first, one that always close, one for only hadicapped people and the last one near concourse E which is always full)
    Also @ NRT T1 (in which it was shared with KE, one of the stingiest lounge) you would face with a staff who have korish accent (saying English in quick and short pronouciation like how the y speak korean) food that tasteless, and several empty trays so what are the PP personal is doing? Why don’t switch to either JP Airlines or ANA’s? NRT have more passengers and business travelers than BKK, but why the condition of the lounge is opposite?

Binman62
    Participant

My wife and I use priority pass when on LCC or when not allowed to use a lounge due tickets. Paying extra for kids is a pain but have learned never to charge to amex card as they treated as adults. You can normally blag a discount at the desk.Australia is very poorly served by PP so I am always grateful for my BA card. T5 also has no lounge but I have used a number of lounges in Asia BKK DPS SIN and HKG is also a favourite as it is better than the awful BA/Qantas offering.( view based on last visit (Aug 08). Singapore was surprisingly poor. Domestic lounges in the UK are fine.

Prof.Gupta
    Participant

I have used Priority Pass over last couple of years on a selective basis. My experience is just satisfactory (across countries in Asia-Pacific). If PP wants to develop into a great Brand then among many things they need to improve on achieving uniform theme, consistency, and level of service. Each lounge is a different experience which does not do justice with what one would expect normally (from a global service provider). PP lounge card comes handy as a last option for me and is not my prefered choice on any airport.

Daytripper
    Participant

I use Easyjet or Ryanair on a ‘needs must’ basis (ie where there is little other schedule or route choice) and the “No1” lounges in their respective zones of London Stansted set a very high standard. Funky decor and seating, free wi-fi, decent F&B offerings and a generally good standard of service. Both available as part of the Priority Pass portfolio.

Deleted User
    Participant

Gatwick South – for so long no decent lounge offerings except of course when flying Virgin:

Just introduced to the No 1 – highly recommended. Polite, table service, fresh looking with no sign of a lounge dragon only lounge butterflies!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls