Best of British

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

[quote quote=1208797]Fish and Chips and a side dish of mushy peas !![/quote]

QATAR (not sure if it is now on the menu) were serving an excellent British fish and chips.

One food item that represents British food is the traditional roast beef & Yorkshire pudding (which for our overseas friends is not a desert). But could BA manage a decent Yorkshire pudding at 38,000?

1 user thanked author for this post.

norbert2008
    Participant

Martyn from some Youtubers the answer to Yorkshires is no. I am also intrigued about the Fish and Chips so easy on the ground but to get so right but in the air? I am also being silly in thinking a toaster would work rather well for a Full English breakfast?

StephenLondon
    Participant

[postquote quote=1208832]

If BA are being charged £7 for the drek I was served on a recent Club World flight to the US, they are being seriously overcharged!

3 users thanked author for this post.

huey
    Participant

[postquote quote=1208664]

I think it’s a grand idea. But airlines can’t even answer the phone, so perhaps let things percolate along for a while before consideration. There is also the issue of things tasting ‘not so good’ at altitude to overcome.

huey
    Participant

When it comes to the quality of the meals up front, on a recent United flight San Francisco-Houston, both the offerings were so dismal that I asked for a snack box from coach … all the little goodies were delicious. Full of salt and sugar, no doubt, but far more appetizing than the drek on the menu up in the pointy end of the plane. And the FA arranged it all attractively on a tray, very cute.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Citiflyer
    Participant

BA have tried plenty of these options in recent years. Just before short haul catering ended they did fish and chips in Economy on band 3/4 routes.

Cottage pie, sausage and mash and fish pie are regularly offered in Club Europe.

Most recently BA offered the roast dinner in First/Club long haul complete with Yorkshire pudding in its plastic bag.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls