Best G&T location

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)

• LuganoPirate
    Participant

The Long Bar in the business / senator lounge at Zurich airport. Supposedly the longest airport bar in the world.

julmops
    Participant

I’m very partial to a G&T in the Library Bar of the The Leela Palace in Bangalore, India 😉

CromartyScot
    Participant

You will struggle to get a G&T there, but the Absolut Vodka Bar in the Ice Hotel has to be the “coolest” spot on the planet (sorry for pun!).

Drinks come served in glasses made from ice. Everyone should try it at least once.

EdTraveller
    Participant

My best G&T location has to be the main bar in the Gleneagles Hotel in Scotland, Diageo own the Hotel, so my favourite is a large Tanqueray Gin in a crystal glass, ice ,and a cold Schweppes tonic water, drunk slowly whilst perched on a bar stool watching the World go by !

travelgirl
    Participant

I used to love a G&T (Green Gordon’s if available) at the Windows on the World bar at the top of the World Trade Center in NYC – fabulous evening location to watch the twinkling lights of Manhattan. Also cocktails at the Felix in the Peninsular Hotel HKG or if I must then sitting on the beach for a sun downer at Sandy Lane Barbados with a G&T and lots of ice and lime – almost brings a tear to the eye with longing!

BeckyBoop
    Participant

travelgirl hun can you plz reccomend a place in NY. We always stick to the Mandarin Oriental bar (because the boss prefers it lush and nice views) my stays are never more than two nights and we always have some sort of formal dinner with work My next trip i want to stay a little longer and do some tourist stuff which i have yet to do either with my bf or girlies so can you recomend some good places to go out, thanks lovey xxx

travelgirl
    Participant

BeckyBoop – depends how crazy u want to get – this site is full of reviews and the bar featured is complete madness at the weekends – so dont take the boss!
    http://nymag.com/listings/bar/hogs_and_heifers/

kkflyer
    Participant

I usually hate G&T and only like reading everyone’s posts but not partake in this, however when this came up, I felt compelled to join in and add my 2p’s worth.

The Spanish seems to be mad about G&T. My first experience a few years ago in Madrid at this place called ‘The Gin Club’ has changed my perception of G&T and as a result, now love this drink. The Gin Club serves your G&T depending on the nose of the Gin. (examples below)

http://www.mercadodelareina.es/ENG/index.html

Ones to try there would be:
    – Hendricks Gin with a slice of cucumber
    – Brockmans Gin with strawberries and twist of Orange rind

Enjoy!

1968andrea
    Participant

Love G&T and the best ever was sitting watching the sun go down at Island Hideaway in The Maldives.

Sharks and Stingrays in The shallows and a balmy 30 degrees.

I know where I would rather be now…….

LuganoPirate
    Participant

1. G & T Helvetic airlines Mxp – ZRH
    2. G & T senator lounge terminal B
    3. G & T Swiss ZRH – LHR
    4. G & T Bar of the One Aldwych at 8 tonight

if I can remember I’ll let you know which was the best. ;–)))

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Will Mrs Lp be with you or you on your own? 🙂 xxx

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Sadly on my own Becky ;-( though I did meet an old friend who has just separated and left his job. A brave thing to do in these times. He traded Italian bonds and now wants to set up and trade on his own. Gave him some advice and hope it helps.

I had fun trying the G and T’s though. Either Bombay or Gordon’s with Schweppes. There was something about having one flying over the snow clad Alps with the bright blue sky above.

I never did try one at the Aldwych. My head was so light (I hardly drink) I went on to a fantastic non alcoholic cocktail in the bar. A mind of mint, lime on crushed ice. Great bar and great atmosphere, I can recommend it.

Saffjoyfox3
    Participant

Best place for a G&T, in my view, is the Harbour Bar at The Taj Mahal Palace Hotel, Colaba, Mumbai. It was especially wonderful on many occasions before the dreadful November 2008 terrorist attack on the hotel. Even after the fantastic renovations to the hotel, it is still a wonderful place. The bar staff are fantastic and know how to mix drinks.

Second place goes to the Sea Lounge, on the first floor of the same hotel. Such an evocative place with an amazing history. I recall going back there again shortly after it was re-opened to the public in mid -2009 following the Mumbai terrorist attacks and it was a particularly special evening.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Haven’t tried it myself, but how about the rooftop Vue Bar at the Hyatt on the Bund in Shanghai? Views of the Bund and Pudong, plus you can contrast the coolness of the G&T with the warmth of the jacuzzi!

Gin&Tonic
    Participant

At home with my wonderful wife.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls