Best G&T location

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

• Anonymous

Silverman
    Participant

Hi all
    Can anyone suggest good places to go for G&T around the world? I’ve been to a few events in London recently and so far the best has to be at The InterContinental on Park Lane with their new Gin & Jazz nights but there must be others…

MartynSinclair
    Participant

This I can answer with certainty.

Whilst Mrs S and I do not drink G&T, we have friends that do and they swear blind that they can think of no better place to sip a G&T other than the balcony of our condo in Florida, whilst watching my now 15 year old birdie or par the 17th hole, which we get an uninterpreted view of after the T shot. We have plenty of Jazz music and it gets even better, when our next door neighbor puts an impromptu practice session of his jazz quarter on his balcony as the sun goes down.

TerryMcManus24
    Participant

Royal O Lounge Bangkok ( Thai Airways)

Tall glass full of cubed ice,3 small slices of lime on top ..not lemon,pour in the Bombay until it gets near to the top of the ice and then add the Sweee…..
    then listen for the ice being infused ..dee mak krup.

It is of course self service …suits me

then simply…repeat as above..

esselle
    Participant

Listening to live jazz in Cafe Deco, HKG airside, is one of the best on- airport locations I know of for a pre flight home G&T.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

I dont do G&T but if you enjoy good cocktails the OXO bar London is the place to to be, but be warned they are not cheap! xx

RichHI1
    Participant

Mmmmm OXO, brings back memories of Katy. Oops showing my age! (sorry very UK reference).

Binman62
    Participant

Perhaps odd choice but the best B&T ever was by the pool at the Crowne Plaza St Peters in Rome over a decade ago. So good that when i next go back to the Etenal City i will stay there. It was just perfect.

Senator
    Participant

My top bar in the world, including the G&T is Duke’s Bar at Duke’s Hotel at St. James’s.. My weakness is Dry Martini, where it is served essentially “Winston Churchill Style”. That means: “only scare the glass with vermouth!”

Silverman
    Participant

Thanks all,
    @MartynSinclair I’m green with envy that sounds amazing!
    @BeckyBoop I love the OXO Tower!! Good call for my next London adventure although tempted by Bangkok as always (favourite city in the world!)

If any of you find yourselves in Melbourne I can recommend Madame Brussels. Its a lovely secret roof top garden!

GoonerLondon
    Participant

Anywhere that has Plymouth gin – pref Navy strength – and uses tall glasses plenty of ice, lime and schweppes tonic.

That rules out most of the States sadly as I always seem to get Canada Dry which ironically is too sweet.

The UK is a problem because its never strong enough

Spain or Portugal gets my vote…

CallMeIshmael
    Participant

For great views – New York Bar – atop the Park Hyatt, Tokyo
    Most idyllic location – Ku De Ta in Bali

Am booked in for brunch at Arnaud’s New Orleans for Sunday Brunch after the Jazz Festival in early May followed by a visit to the attached French 75 Bar for Sazeracs and Ramos Gin Fizzes and a Cigar from the in house humidor. I’ll report back.

stevescoots
    Participant

Early evening at the traders Hotel pool bar in KL, get the comfy loungers on the window side overlooking the Petronas towers, very chilled.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Purely for research purposes, I have a glass of tonic in one hand, my arms rested on the balcony of the Cathay Wing lounge in HKG looking at the apron and aircraft movements. It must be a man thing, but it certainly beats going into the office!

Life continues to be just great!!

stevescoots
    Participant

I will join you!, just myself one in my room in the inter KL

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls