Best Business Class

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

• Anonymous

Barcadonia
    Participant

Hello Everyone.

I am going to Delhi from Florence in April and want to make sure I travel in the best business class. As of now I am leaning towards Lufthansa and Swiss but I’m open to any.

Thanks for the help.

Barcadonia

Edski777
    Participant

Barcadonia,

I’d go for LH via MUC. Decent C class product, reliable and a decent time of arrival in DEL, around 07:40 local. Return in daytime leaving DEL around 09:30 arriving in FLR around 17:00.

MUC is a very decent transfer airport, much better than FRA.

r ryan
    Participant

I don’t like the Luftie seats – they are the old angled ‘wedgie’ seats still on Airbus arranged in 2-2-2 and quite squishy; whereas Swiss have a 180degree flat seat, arranged in 1-2-1, then 2-2-1, which means on Swiss if you get a seat on the right of the cabin, or alternating left side rows, the seats are all singles, with lots of space (checkout seat plans/seatguru)

Also like the Swiss service, usually efficient and personable

FirstTraveller
    Participant

LH is flying these days the 748i non stop from FRA to delhi with brand new lie flat business class seats.

So I recommend taking that flight over going through MUC and you might end up flying on an old crappy C class seat that’s at the end of its cycle.

Gin&Tonic
    Participant

Swiss are excellent in business and the seat is the bet of any European carrier in business IMHO

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

G&T +1

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Finnair have a good flat seat on their 330’s. These threads have been a little “Finnair quiet” over the past few months….. as I am writing this I wonder if they fly to Delhi!!

Worth looking at Finnair..

Martyn

Finnair does fly to Delhi 6 times a week.

I will have to think about the best route from Florence to Helsinki…

Bucksnet
    Participant

Drive the 200+ km to Rome and take the non-stop China Airlines flight to Delhi.

Hello Barcadonia

There is a Finnair flight from Milan to Helsinki. I don’t know if that is convenient for you?

dsatrio
    Participant

I’d go with one of the ME airlines. Etihad and Qatar always pleased me, even with the required time to transit at their home base

dsatrio
    Participant

Ow, but you’d need to fly out of Milan or Rome. Sorry didn’t read your original post carefully 😛

Barcadonia
    Participant

The 747-8 is the reason I am leaning towards Lufthansa. Therefore, Munich is out of the question. I want comparisons between the LH 747-8 which flies from FRA and the Swiss. Thanks for the replies everyone.

Uncledude
    Participant

The best Business Class is Oman Air from Milan

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls